Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
XMAS COMPETITION: Win a Brand New Yaesu ft891 with Wideband Modification and to help the winner use it we are including a 30 Amp Power Supply on top. This is our biggest prize yet. All this could be yours for Christmas for just £20. - See Latest News Forum for details.
Latest Buxton 2020 News: Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have had to cancel this year's Buxton date. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
Keywords
Mckinley 9900 Sirio antenna charlie power Baofeng radio lincoln tickets ss6900n president call tango alan chart division list midland Mobile frequency sign callsign ss9900 Calling bazooka
QRZ Database

Tx power loss

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Richhgv

Call Sign : 26CT3184
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Glastonbury

Tx power loss Empty
PostSubject: Tx power loss   Tx power loss Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2020 1:04 pm

I have a midland 78 plus multi (blue light)
I put a watt meter on it and l have been getting different readings on the same channel
It is telling me that I have 3w and 4w at different times (parked in the same place)
Any idea's???

Help much appreciated
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cristi
Cristi

Call Sign : 233CT246
QTH or Location : Campulung, Arges
Equipment Used : KPO DX-5000

Tx power loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tx power loss   Tx power loss Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2020 1:52 pm

You need a dummy load for accurate measure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 Ham M7VIC
Times Thanked : 63
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

Tx power loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tx power loss   Tx power loss Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2020 2:49 pm

?? Pigeon on the antenna, moon passing overhead, passing lorry sucking away your power ?? Very Happy Just kidding Smile

Normally it's due to a dodgy connection, usually the patch lead, PL259 connectors can be problematic. Does the power change if you wiggle stuff around, like moving the watt meter or the coax to the antenna. In a mobile setup quite often the coax gets pinched depending on how you routed it and causes problems, (especially if squeezed through the door sill).

Doesn't sound like much help I know, but usually best to get the obvious stuff out of the way.

Hope you get to the bottom of it.

73s
Victor

Tristar likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richhgv

Call Sign : 26CT3184
QTH or Location : Glastonbury

Tx power loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tx power loss   Tx power loss Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2020 3:08 pm

It seemed to move whan I wiggled (technical term)
the power lead from battery so tested that and taped fuse holder so it didn't move (spring type) on the joints and it still seems to happen I will have a look at the patch lead
Thanks for the reply
73s

Tristar likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Tx power loss
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Help and Discussion Forums :: Standard Multistandard CB Radio UK/EU/Multinorm-
Jump to: