Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the official Charlie Tango DX Group CB And Amateur Radio Forum. You are visiting the UK's biggest and most active CB Radio club.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Charlie Tango DX is a group dedicated to Hobby Radio Users in all forms, whether CB, Amateur, PMR446, Scanning and Short Wave Listening.
We are a very active and friendly group that welcomes anyone from anywhere in the world who has an interest in Radio, regardless of their level of experience, their equipment, their location, or their radio preference. We have members varying from fully qualified operators on the Amateur Bands, to newcomers who have just bought a PMR446 set, and many CBers both old and new. All are equal on the Site.

The CT Site contains many reviews, tips and modifications within the forums, and we take pride that no sensible question is ever left unanswered, and nobody is ever belittled or mocked for asking an honest question, no matter how simple it may seem. We were all new to the hobby once.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join Charlie Tango you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, viewing modifications and more.

If you are not yet a member: Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Simply CLICK HERE to start the Registration process. Your application will need to include your personal name and approximate location, it will require you to confirm your email, and then be signed-off by one of our Admin Staff, but this is usually completed within 24 hours (48 max)

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Many, many thanks; Buxton Bash 2018
Topic Started: Saturday, 21. July 2018, 13:56 (794 Views)
1965diceman
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2787

I just had to post, went to the Buxton Bash this Saturday morning and I could not have been made more welcome. I just want so say a massive thanks to everyone I spoke to and for all the help and advise that everyone gave, fantastic group of people, many many thanks again. Steve CT2787 Huddersfield.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

John123
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 763

Great to meet you today, Steve. :thumb:

Nik Gnashers
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 573

Really enjoyed getting to know everyone who was there on Saturday afternoon/evening.

It's always a pleasure to meet up with Craig, Al, Andy, and Adi again, and I was pleased to be able to stay a while giving me time to chat to everyone else.
Finally got to meet the ol' Cockney Rebel' after all this time, and also Tom too. It was nice to finally have time to chat with John, as last time you arrived as I was leaving !
A big thank you to everyone who made it, and for keeping the spirit of this great radio hobby alive.
M6GFT ::: QRZ Page- http://www.qrz.com/db/M6GFT
[imgw=150]http://i.imgur.com/RJjZCOw.jpg[/imgw]
All CT members are expected to use good operating procedure, good manners, and be friendly...Please do not chat on any calling frequencies, or use bad language on air, thank you it is appreciated.

Yagi 3
Member Avatar

Cheers lads had a good day Saturday meeting up with a few old faces and a new ones too at Brandside again.

A cracking day and a few laughs had in The Derbyshire sunshine :thumb:
Posted Image

Steve152
Member Avatar

Yet another great weekend organised by the ct team. Thanks guys really enjoyed meeting up with the regular guys and some new faces.
We’re a friendly bunch glad enjoyed meeting the group Steve.

Yagi 3
Member Avatar

Absolutely worn out Steve, Al kept looking at at me in a certain way every time he lifted the bbq lid up....... I thought I was was going on it at one point so did not stand stil for too long :D

Posted Image

Ranger
Member Avatar

Cheers All another great bash!,

T.

Andy591/P
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1591

What a great weekend.
About 5 hours of time and sorting on Thursday. Set up on Friday morning was pretty good, made a mistake with the delta loop set up ( swr 4-1 oops )
figured that out pretty quick and back up with a nice reading of 1.5 and better. Got trevs pmr antenna up there with the Imax 2000 from craig. Well worth the effort. What a great bunch of lads, a good crack for the whole weekend. its a pity it was not an extra day for me. A 3 hour drive home with the trailer wasn't so bad. looking forward to next year, and seeing more photos. Cheers LADS a pleasure. Andy591/P
Designing and building even bigger Antennas. Hoping for some good DX, waiting for solar minimums to fade away.

Kaosss
Member Avatar
163 Charlie Tango 777

Brilliant weekend that way to fast again!
Thanks Andy for all your effort for the CT club station, superb :)
Big thanks to all that came and see you all again soon, I`m knackered now though lol
Al
Posted Image
Kenwood TS480SAT with MC90 mic, Kenwood TS590, Yaesu FT1000D with Heil mic, Yaesu FT2000D with Heil mic, RCI 2995dx, 5 eli beam on a Scam 12 pump-up mast, A99, sirio 827, G5RV and a selection of wires. For mobile/portable - Optima V3, Midland portapack with 11m dipole / inverted V on 10m pole.RM KL500 - modded. Ranger 811H amp

SydtheCat
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 483

Yet another very enjoyable Buxton Bash and was great to meet up with old friends and new

Special thanks to Andy for all his hard work with supplying/setting up the hardware for the club station
Big thanks to Al for running the outside catering :D
Big thanks for Steve for supplying all the CT banners :thumb:

And another special BIG thanks to all who made the trip and contributed to the good friendly atmosphere

Wonderful to see multi 11m groups CT , LR , DA and AT represented and all getting along :pirate2:

Here's to the next one

:cheers: Craig

Posted Image

Yaesu FTdx 3000 - Sirio GM - MD 200 mic

FamousPablo
Member Avatar
68 Charlie Tango 357

Cheers guys for a cracking weekend!

I really enjoyed every minute of it. A great bunch of guys and I learned and picked up a lot. Thanks for all your tips and explanations.

Thanks especially to all involved in organising it along with Andy and his kit and Al keeping us well fed. Great to finally put faces to names and I really enjoyed the cameradery.

Will endeavour to do my best to make it next year and fly the flag for the 68th Division 😉

Thanks and regards,

Paul

John123
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 763

Great to catch up with old friends and new alike. Nice to finally have a good chat, Nik. :thumbs:

mattkennedy
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1994

Here you go Boys! :- https://youtu.be/ziDILvvDe-A

Enjoy the show ;)

John123
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 763

Great video, Matt. :thumb:

Rotel RVC 240
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 950

Thanks to everyone who organised the bash again this year, as previous years I enjoyed it and was nice to meet old and new friends. Thanks to Al for feeding us and to Andy for the impressive club station.was nice to see a good mix of operators from different dx groups.A great video you have done Paul which sums the weekend up.
26 CT 950 YOUR SIGNAL IS ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR ANTENNA AND THE PROPAGATION https://www.facebook.com/DRX111/

Zolee
Member Avatar
109 Charlie Tango 473

I see my video in the video :)
Thank you for the excellent video! :thumbs:

'73s Zolee
Posted Image

Nik Gnashers
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 573

Excellent video Matt, nice job.
M6GFT ::: QRZ Page- http://www.qrz.com/db/M6GFT
[imgw=150]http://i.imgur.com/RJjZCOw.jpg[/imgw]
All CT members are expected to use good operating procedure, good manners, and be friendly...Please do not chat on any calling frequencies, or use bad language on air, thank you it is appreciated.

Radio Lilac
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2853

Enjoyed Buxton Bash 2018. Equipment impressive. Andrew Radio Lilac.

Kaosss
Member Avatar
163 Charlie Tango 777

Glad you enjoyed it Andrew, seems everyone that came enjoyed it, the feedback means a lot :)
Hope to see everyone again next year :)
Posted Image
Kenwood TS480SAT with MC90 mic, Kenwood TS590, Yaesu FT1000D with Heil mic, Yaesu FT2000D with Heil mic, RCI 2995dx, 5 eli beam on a Scam 12 pump-up mast, A99, sirio 827, G5RV and a selection of wires. For mobile/portable - Optima V3, Midland portapack with 11m dipole / inverted V on 10m pole.RM KL500 - modded. Ranger 811H amp

bicyclos
Member Avatar

Hi all
I am really pleased in making the effort abeit a short window in coming over on Saturday to at least meet the people of this infamous weekend! I had booked for the 2 nights stay but had a personal situation which cropped up. It was really nice to meet everyone and put a face to people that post on the forum and others alike. I have got it my diary for next year and hope to stay the 2 nights and to get to know everyone a little better plus indulge in a bit of radio!

Top effort to everyone involved, you can see why it is a success....

Regards
Leon
May the propergation be with you

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Buxton Bash 2018 · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

This Website, Name, Logos and Products Are Copyright To Charlie Tango DX Group Copyright Β© 2009 - 2017
All Rights Reserved - No Part Of This Site May Be Copied Without Prior Written Permission. CharlieTango.co.uk have a legal Common Law Trademark and Registered Copyright #S0RN-LTC9-8CXT-LZLU of the brand "Charlie Tango" since 2009 and related Copyrights in place for domain names, Logos, images, format and layout of this website and associated material. charlietango.co.uk & charlietango.uk
Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected

View My Stats

DOMAIN NAMES FOR SALE
ConspiracyEffect.com | V5Bid.com Auction | 041183.com | Hiya.Mobi | VR Portal.Net | TrainerSox.com | CoinStealth.com | ChoccyBox.com Domains | FlutterBets.com | CharlieTango.UK | HallmarkedGold.com | MozSubmit.com | HorizontalEarth.com
CharlieTango.co.uk contact email leewardill@gmail.com