Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the official Charlie Tango DX Group CB And Amateur Radio Forum. You are visiting the UK's biggest and most active CB Radio club.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Charlie Tango DX is a group dedicated to Hobby Radio Users in all forms, whether CB, Amateur, PMR446, Scanning and Short Wave Listening.
We are a very active and friendly group that welcomes anyone from anywhere in the world who has an interest in Radio, regardless of their level of experience, their equipment, their location, or their radio preference. We have members varying from fully qualified operators on the Amateur Bands, to newcomers who have just bought a PMR446 set, and many CBers both old and new. All are equal on the Site.

The CT Site contains many reviews, tips and modifications within the forums, and we take pride that no sensible question is ever left unanswered, and nobody is ever belittled or mocked for asking an honest question, no matter how simple it may seem. We were all new to the hobby once.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join Charlie Tango you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, viewing modifications and more.

If you are not yet a member: Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Simply CLICK HERE to start the Registration process. Your application will need to include your personal name and approximate location, it will require you to confirm your email, and then be signed-off by one of our Admin Staff, but this is usually completed within 24 hours (48 max)

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Buxton Bash 2018
Topic Started: Friday, 18. May 2018, 20:46 (1,044 Views)
SydtheCat
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 483

Posted Image

Hall is booked for the above dates and will be taking bookings shortly via paypal
Cost will be £20 per person to include 2 nights camping and 2 bbq meals
One night £10 per person ,includes one BBQ meal
Day visit any voluntary contribution welcome
Will be there from Friday 20th July, early till Sunday morning 22nd
26CT000 Club Station will be active on 11m as well as some other stuff ;)

NO FIRES NO FIREWORKS

Buxton Bash team

Edited by SydtheCat, Friday, 18. May 2018, 21:28.
Posted Image

Yaesu FTdx 3000 - Sirio GM - MD 200 mic
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SydtheCat
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 483

Hi all

We are now taking bookings for this very popular event

Please note that due to increased hall hire cost payment MUST be made in advance and your booking will ONLY be confirmed once payment has been received

Payments can be made via PayPal so please PM me for full payment details or email me 26ct483@gmail.com

Will then add fully paid members to the attending list

Many thanks

Craig CT admin
Posted Image

Yaesu FTdx 3000 - Sirio GM - MD 200 mic

Kaosss
Member Avatar
163 Charlie Tango 777

Leon, nice to see you are coming and look forward to meeting you :)
Posted Image
Kenwood TS480SAT with MC90 mic, Kenwood TS590, Yaesu FT1000D with Heil mic, Yaesu FT2000D with Heil mic, RCI 2995dx, 5 eli beam on a Scam 12 pump-up mast, A99, sirio 827, G5RV and a selection of wires. For mobile/portable - Optima V3, Midland portapack with 11m dipole / inverted V on 10m pole.RM KL500 - modded. Ranger 811H amp
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bicyclos
Member Avatar

Kaosss
Sunday, 20. May 2018, 19:38
Leon, nice to see you are coming and look forward to meeting you :)
Hi there
Yes, likewise I am looking forward to the weekend and meeting people from the forum. My wife thinks I am going to a secret society initiation weekend .....I have had it all this last couple of day's...funny though.

Regards
May the propergation be with you

Padrick
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2727

Your wife is correct Leon, lol.
26CT2727 & 2E0TWD
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0TWD

FamousPablo
Member Avatar
68 Charlie Tango 357

Happy days! I actually arrive in England the day before for our annual trip to see the folks-in-law, and I'll be less than 60 miles away. Must consult the boss and get permission. Hopefully I'll be able to make it and see y'all there.

Kaosss
Member Avatar
163 Charlie Tango 777

Brilliant Paul ;)
and Paddy, sssshhhhhhhh!
They really are a great bunch and sure you`ll love it there
Al
Posted Image
Kenwood TS480SAT with MC90 mic, Kenwood TS590, Yaesu FT1000D with Heil mic, Yaesu FT2000D with Heil mic, RCI 2995dx, 5 eli beam on a Scam 12 pump-up mast, A99, sirio 827, G5RV and a selection of wires. For mobile/portable - Optima V3, Midland portapack with 11m dipole / inverted V on 10m pole.RM KL500 - modded. Ranger 811H amp

Andy591/P
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1591

HI Paul. I hope you make it. it is a great meeting place. Al's BBQ is the finest, he has practiced for years just to make you welcome.

Andy
Designing and building even bigger Antennas. Hoping for some good DX, waiting for solar minimums to fade away.

Kaosss
Member Avatar
163 Charlie Tango 777

I`m still practicing almost daily here Andy :)
Posted Image

Ranger
Member Avatar

Event Of The Year!

(who needs a Royal Wedding)

CT 2018 perfect!

Andy591/P
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1591

Oh Yeah
We have to take our own seats-food-drinks-tents etc. there is a special buffet set up for the guests in the evening. No police security or cameras
clocking what you get up to. Dress code is not an option, you MUST wear what you want to. Free use of a ( dare I say Good ) radio, tower with a
bit of pointy ally on top of it, and hopefully some friendly DX coming back at ya.
I cant say the weather will be fab as it has it's own rules up there. but it is a great weekend without the hassle of the Media milking the crap out of it.
I can't wait to get there and have a go.
It is better than the Royal wedding because there are no NOSES up in the air at what we do.

only 56 more sleeps to go, oh yeah. and I still haven't got the Antenna sorted out yet.LOL or the PMR either, cock up with the online design programme. only 12mhz out of range,LOL. it will e fine on the day. no pressure.

Andy 591/P ----- see you there.
Designing and building even bigger Antennas. Hoping for some good DX, waiting for solar minimums to fade away.

Padrick
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2727

Like the Postman Andy, you always deliver. Can’t wait to see this years masterpiece.
26CT2727 & 2E0TWD
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0TWD

Kaosss
Member Avatar
163 Charlie Tango 777

55 sleeps now Andy - and counting :)
Posted Image

bicyclos
Member Avatar

Counting as well!
Picked up my tent from Asda today and checked it out. Bought a tank bag with a satnav compartment to fit the m/cycle plus backpack airbed + foam foil mat. Wiring a plug and usb charger socket to the bike on Sunday for the tomtom and keep my phone charged!

Regards

Andy591/P
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1591

Hi Leon, looking forward to meeting you, what Bike do you have. are you gonna have a CB on it as well,LOL.
Do you need anything extra taking for the weekend, could always put something in the car for you. I haven't had a request for my generator yet.
Do you want to be in charge of the PMR station. Just a thought.

Andy 591/P

bicyclos
Member Avatar

Hi Andy,
My wife is unable to take the day off on Friday to drop me off and pick me up and I didn't want to miss out on another year. I will be coming on a faired Suzuki Inazuma, I was going to come on my Fazer but would find it a balancing act fixing things to the bike. The Inazuma is more comfortable and I can have a nice steady ride over to Buxton ( Ive got all day to get there :P ) Many thanks for the offer if I needed anything, everything I will be taking will be lightweight and compact, the only request would be facilities to a kettle and prob heat up a tin of soup etc, I can bring my compact gas stove if not. I always prep early which gives me time to decide what to take with me as I hate doing things in a rush and last push.

PMR sounds great, I can bring mine over with me.

Regards

Andy591/P
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1591

Hi Leon

There is a kettle on site, we do a run into Buxton for a breakfast and bit of shopping on Sat morning. There will be a gas stove to use as well. I am still struggling with the PMR antennas, very close now but had enough of playing today. Just had a look at images for ya Bike, looks Kool. Enjoy the ride.
Chat soon.

Andy591/P

Kaosss
Member Avatar
163 Charlie Tango 777

Oh yes I will bring a small gas cooker and a pan, a bbq for evening meal and tea n coffee and sugar but bring what you like. The hall is big enough to throw a sleeping bag down in if the weather is bad but its a nice place for camping. Toilets and shower to :) Im also able to pick anything you want but cant carry on the bike but plenty of time to think about that.
Looking forward to it as I always do and never does it let me down, I may even spend some time on a radio this time :)
Al
Posted Image

Andy591/P
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1591

AL, you will need a big crowbar to get Trevor out the hot seat. I sure you can lead him away from the radio with a BBQ on the go.
not too long now. Still no completed Antennas yet. Still no pressure.
Andy 591/P

Ranger
Member Avatar

Al's potatoes or a cold beer, only 2 items likely to work!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Buxton Bash 2018 · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

This Website, Name, Logos and Products Are Copyright To Charlie Tango DX Group Copyright Β© 2009 - 2017
All Rights Reserved - No Part Of This Site May Be Copied Without Prior Written Permission. CharlieTango.co.uk have a legal Common Law Trademark and Registered Copyright #S0RN-LTC9-8CXT-LZLU of the brand "Charlie Tango" since 2009 and related Copyrights in place for domain names, Logos, images, format and layout of this website and associated material. charlietango.co.uk & charlietango.uk
Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected

View My Stats

DOMAIN NAMES FOR SALE
ConspiracyEffect.com | V5Bid.com Auction | 041183.com | Hiya.Mobi | VR Portal.Net | TrainerSox.com | CoinStealth.com | ChoccyBox.com Domains | FlutterBets.com | CharlieTango.UK | HallmarkedGold.com | MozSubmit.com | HorizontalEarth.com
CharlieTango.co.uk contact email leewardill@gmail.com