Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the official Charlie Tango DX Group CB And Amateur Radio Forum. You are visiting the UK's biggest and most active CB Radio club.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Charlie Tango DX is a group dedicated to Hobby Radio Users in all forms, whether CB, Amateur, PMR446, Scanning and Short Wave Listening.
We are a very active and friendly group that welcomes anyone from anywhere in the world who has an interest in Radio, regardless of their level of experience, their equipment, their location, or their radio preference. We have members varying from fully qualified operators on the Amateur Bands, to newcomers who have just bought a PMR446 set, and many CBers both old and new. All are equal on the Site.

The CT Site contains many reviews, tips and modifications within the forums, and we take pride that no sensible question is ever left unanswered, and nobody is ever belittled or mocked for asking an honest question, no matter how simple it may seem. We were all new to the hobby once.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join Charlie Tango you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, viewing modifications and more.

If you are not yet a member: Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Simply CLICK HERE to start the Registration process. Your application will need to include your personal name and approximate location, it will require you to confirm your email, and then be signed-off by one of our Admin Staff, but this is usually completed within 24 hours (48 max)

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
446 from Butser 6/5
Topic Started: Saturday, 5. May 2018, 08:29 (257 Views)
roundtower
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2817

I got hold of a UV5R in the week, and I'm going for a walk with it tomorrow heading for Butser, between Portsmouth and Petersfield. Difficult to say exactly when we will get there but it will be between 2-4. Never used 446 before! I know there's a net in the south around that time "in summer" in the net calendar - if it's running tomorrow I'll have a listen on Ch8 and see if I can get in.

Only have the whip antenna at the moment but there are "plans afoot". The 27MHz gear is coming along nicely but won't be ready tomorrow. All the radios work fine after 20 years asleep, 7m SOTA pole is on order, and I am off after posting this to knock up a T2LT. Just got the battery to come, and we're off.

I was playing with the Baofeng yesterday on top of Portsdown on the way home after programming it, and about the first thing I did when trying to turn the squelch off in the menu was hit the down button. The next menu item down is "reset the radio" and I'd done it before I realised what I was doing. Lesson learnt!
-------------------
TC62 26CT2817
Harvard H-404 Uniden 400 Icom ICR-75 Amstrad CB901 President Grant Baofeng UV-5R KW Electronics KW202
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

roundtower
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2817

Outcome of this was only a couple of contacts, one of which was with a farmer I could see down by East Meon in his 4x4.But there was someone talking in French very weak on Ch3. The fading was very choppy so I couldnít read him or hear the other side of his QSO. A worthwhile half hour of rest on a baking hot day on the downs.
-------------------
TC62 26CT2817
Harvard H-404 Uniden 400 Icom ICR-75 Amstrad CB901 President Grant Baofeng UV-5R KW Electronics KW202

Gman
Member Avatar
108 Charlie Tango 157

:wave:

Love it, meanwhile weather conditions in West Scotland were thick fog.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

John123
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 763

Pleased you made some contacts, Stu. :thumb:

Pmr can be an interesting band to work when there are good tropospheric conditions.

The weather has been fantastic this weekend for a change. :)

roundtower
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2817

John123
Monday, 7. May 2018, 10:24
Yes and I hope it picked up for Graeme as well. I was a bit surprised to be the only person on Butser with a radio, there weren't any cars with 27MHz aerials on. That would have been unusual on a sunny Sunday in the 80s! But if 11m was open for skip there isn't any advantage to high ground really. We'll have another go in a couple of weeks and have some 27MHz kit as well.
-------------------
TC62 26CT2817

DXHunter
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 098

hi stu I am located in Portsmouth if you want to chat can get on 446 or 27mhz or where ever you want to go if your wanting to run tests

roundtower
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2817

DXHunter
Tuesday, 8. May 2018, 14:12
hi stu I am located in Portsmouth if you want to chat can get on 446 or 27mhz or where ever you want to go if your wanting to run tests
Cheers Robert. Iím in a ground floor flat in Southsea so the home QTH is absolutely hopeless for anything radio. Iíve also just done my knee in so no portable operation either for a few days at least. As I donít have a garden, the T2LT is made up and ready to be taken over the beach for tuning on the 7m pole when the knee is better. If youíre about one evening next week perhaps we can arrange a check on the air.
-------------------
TC62 26CT2817

John123
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 763

roundtower
Tuesday, 8. May 2018, 13:18
John123
Monday, 7. May 2018, 10:24
Yes and I hope it picked up for Graeme as well. I was a bit surprised to be the only person on Butser with a radio, there weren't any cars with 27MHz aerials on. That would have been unusual on a sunny Sunday in the 80s! But if 11m was open for skip there isn't any advantage to high ground really. We'll have another go in a couple of weeks and have some 27MHz kit as well.
Good luck next time, Stu. :thumb: There has been a bit of activity over the last week or so on 11m.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · CT ACTIVE. Out and About. · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This Website, Name, Logos and Products Are Copyright To Charlie Tango DX Group Copyright © 2009 - 2017
All Rights Reserved - No Part Of This Site May Be Copied Without Prior Written Permission. CharlieTango.co.uk have a legal Common Law Trademark and Registered Copyright #S0RN-LTC9-8CXT-LZLU of the brand "Charlie Tango" since 2009 and related Copyrights in place for domain names, Logos, images, format and layout of this website and associated material. charlietango.co.uk & charlietango.uk
Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected

View My Stats

DOMAIN NAMES FOR SALE
ConspiracyEffect.com | V5Bid.com Auction | 041183.com | Hiya.Mobi | VR Portal.Net | TrainerSox.com | CoinStealth.com | ChoccyBox.com Domains | FlutterBets.com | CharlieTango.UK | HallmarkedGold.com | MozSubmit.com | HorizontalEarth.com
CharlieTango.co.uk contact email leewardill@gmail.com