Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the official Charlie Tango DX Group CB And Amateur Radio Forum. You are visiting the UK's biggest and most active CB Radio club.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Charlie Tango DX is a group dedicated to Hobby Radio Users in all forms, whether CB, Amateur, PMR446, Scanning and Short Wave Listening.
We are a very active and friendly group that welcomes anyone from anywhere in the world who has an interest in Radio, regardless of their level of experience, their equipment, their location, or their radio preference. We have members varying from fully qualified operators on the Amateur Bands, to newcomers who have just bought a PMR446 set, and many CBers both old and new. All are equal on the Site.

The CT Site contains many reviews, tips and modifications within the forums, and we take pride that no sensible question is ever left unanswered, and nobody is ever belittled or mocked for asking an honest question, no matter how simple it may seem. We were all new to the hobby once.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join Charlie Tango you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, viewing modifications and more.

If you are not yet a member: Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Simply CLICK HERE to start the Registration process. Your application will need to include your personal name and approximate location, it will require you to confirm your email, and then be signed-off by one of our Admin Staff, but this is usually completed within 24 hours (48 max)

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Getting more people to CT
Topic Started: Monday, 9. April 2018, 09:46 (1,006 Views)
fredintheshed
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1664

As always iam trying to get more people back onto radio and also on to CT's. Made a video explaining why folk need to sign up and how a CT call sign can help them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIZoYRtd-RU
Fred in the Shed on YouTube........ Click here for YouTube

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SydtheCat
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 483

Nice one Fred and any CT plug is always appreciated :thumb:

Using a 11m prefix is so useful on a crowded international calling frequency such as 27.555 :pirate2:

Enjoyed the video :thumb:

Craig
Posted Image

Yaesu FTdx 3000 - Sirio GM - MD 200 mic

Cozzmik
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 465

Getting them to sign up isnt the issue looking at the amount of members here but it is keeping them interested in the hobby.

I had a look at the amount of CTers that are local enough for me to contact listed on the callsign page and there is quite a few infact over a hundred but the amount i have worked or even heard in the last year or so can be counted on both hands.

Where are they all?

I dont want to get into the "is CB dying debate" here and the nets prove there are many who are active but with over 7000 members and just 100 or so who contribute to the forum i wonder why they join..BUT i will say well done to you Fred and all the others who regularly promote CT and the hobby (you know who you are) :clap:
Edited by Cozzmik, Monday, 9. April 2018, 14:45.

Gunrunner
Member Avatar

Well done fred the more the merrier :thumbs: :wave: :dance: :cheers: :pirate2:
Never go faster then your guardian angel can fly

Jake Highgate
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2151

Big thumbs up 👍 for CT
We always promote you guys on the ch 35

Jake 73s
Come and join us on CH 35 Londons Daily Net from 8:30pm to late.
Our Facebook group name is CB channel 35 Club uk come and join in the fun

Jake Highgate 73s

Nik Gnashers
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 573

Thank you Fred :)
Very much appreciated,
Nik
M6GFT ::: QRZ Page- http://www.qrz.com/db/M6GFT
[imgw=150]http://i.imgur.com/RJjZCOw.jpg[/imgw]
All CT members are expected to use good operating procedure, good manners, and be friendly...Please do not chat on any calling frequencies, or use bad language on air, thank you it is appreciated.

Hutchy69
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2620

I have big admiration for all building up & keeping this hobby alive, dont just turn on and listen, turn on and give a big call out, youd be surprised with what you might receive back.

Scanners for listening, CBs for whistling (shout out and be heard)

73 Stu.

Nubster
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 050

Brilliant bit of promotion Fred at least you are promoting the to try and return CB how it should be and not just networks well done sir :thumb: fingers crossed we will get some skip conditions soon lol
Edited by Nubster, Monday, 9. April 2018, 22:48.

Life is too short, so ave a laugh now n then never know you might like it

John123
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 763

Good work, Fred. :cheers:

Padrick
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2727

Great work Fred, Im proper proud of my CT Callsign makes me think of my Dad every time I use it (He was 727 as his Truck Callsign).
26CT2727 & 2E0TWD
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0TWD

GaryWilson
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1836

Nice one Fred, well done!

73s Gary :thumb:
26CT1836 2E0GGQ

Leurbost2006
Member Avatar
108 Charlie Tango 059

Excellent video Fred :clap:
Posted Image
108CT059

septic toe
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2811

Yeah well done Fred you got the message across, keep the vids going (ss6900n) lol. I am newish to CT
and find the info very good, never heard of CT before your plug. even got myself a callsign oh and a 6900
Cheers all, great web site. :P

Reclaimer
Member Avatar
108 Charlie Tango 160

Nice one Fred. Up here in N.E.Scotland, we seem to be very thin on the ground but since the localised net has been set up we are getting an increase in operators wanting to join in. Maybe nets are the way forward.

:pirate2:
"Such is life"

Astroman188
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2769

Well done Fred, any promotion is good. Like Reclaimer above we seem to be very thin in the South West of England and I agree perhaps local nets are the way to go. I'm always listening out for new CB Operators down here so give me a shout if you can! :clap:

Stephen richards
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2861

Thanks Fred your videos got me back on
When i get my base up and running i might hear some of you down here in Kent a few miles from Dover

73s Steve

SilverGhost
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 429

im also trying to get some of the aunty mary guys of days gone by back
on cb
No matter where you go
there you are !

Omar
26CT429

bigj2552
No Avatar
108 Charlie Tango 204

Sorry guys but, you need to address the sign up problems people are having.
That in itself, dont install any confidence with any website, and will only drive them away to other sites/callsigns etc.

Been going on since i signed up few months back now, and still is, according to people "trying" to sign up latley. They getting some "socket" problems
showing up, preventing them from going further in the sign up process.
And most, if they cant sign up there n then, will not be bothered trying to contact admin, for them to set up manual account.

You have to address this problem quick guys, or you gonna lose more n more potential sign ups

Sorry if it to blunt for you, but it has to be brought up and addressed if you want this forum to advance/grow....
Dont address it, and forum will stagnate, with lack if interest / posts / new people etc

Its a good forum as well....
Edited by bigj2552, Sunday, 8. July 2018, 11:41.

Nubster
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 050

Concidering the forum has been going since 2008 I don't think it will have any problems with it not growing and never will, could you explain what do you mean by "socket problems" please, as the only time I've used a socket is when working on engines.

Life is too short, so ave a laugh now n then never know you might like it

Nik Gnashers
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 573

We have had a few new members having issues with registering, and also with password resets.

It is not anything 'we' as staff can do anything about, as we don't code the forum.
The issues have been raised as technical enquiries with the forum hosts, and are being looked into, sorry that's about as much as any of us know at the moment.
Will keep you updated as we hear something back from Zetaboards.
M6GFT ::: QRZ Page- http://www.qrz.com/db/M6GFT
[imgw=150]http://i.imgur.com/RJjZCOw.jpg[/imgw]
All CT members are expected to use good operating procedure, good manners, and be friendly...Please do not chat on any calling frequencies, or use bad language on air, thank you it is appreciated.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Standard CB Radio · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

This Website, Name, Logos and Products Are Copyright To Charlie Tango DX Group Copyright © 2009 - 2017
All Rights Reserved - No Part Of This Site May Be Copied Without Prior Written Permission. CharlieTango.co.uk have a legal Common Law Trademark and Registered Copyright #S0RN-LTC9-8CXT-LZLU of the brand "Charlie Tango" since 2009 and related Copyrights in place for domain names, Logos, images, format and layout of this website and associated material. charlietango.co.uk & charlietango.uk
Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected

View My Stats

DOMAIN NAMES FOR SALE
ConspiracyEffect.com | V5Bid.com Auction | 041183.com | Hiya.Mobi | VR Portal.Net | TrainerSox.com | CoinStealth.com | ChoccyBox.com Domains | FlutterBets.com | CharlieTango.UK | HallmarkedGold.com | MozSubmit.com | HorizontalEarth.com
CharlieTango.co.uk contact email leewardill@gmail.com