Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the official Charlie Tango DX Group CB And Amateur Radio Forum. You are visiting the UK's biggest and most active CB Radio club.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Charlie Tango DX is a group dedicated to Hobby Radio Users in all forms, whether CB, Amateur, PMR446, Scanning and Short Wave Listening.
We are a very active and friendly group that welcomes anyone from anywhere in the world who has an interest in Radio, regardless of their level of experience, their equipment, their location, or their radio preference. We have members varying from fully qualified operators on the Amateur Bands, to newcomers who have just bought a PMR446 set, and many CBers both old and new. All are equal on the Site.

The CT Site contains many reviews, tips and modifications within the forums, and we take pride that no sensible question is ever left unanswered, and nobody is ever belittled or mocked for asking an honest question, no matter how simple it may seem. We were all new to the hobby once.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join Charlie Tango you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, viewing modifications and more.

If you are not yet a member: Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Simply CLICK HERE to start the Registration process. Your application will need to include your personal name and approximate location, it will require you to confirm your email, and then be signed-off by one of our Admin Staff, but this is usually completed within 24 hours (48 max)

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Anyone Using PMR in South East Kent; Pmr 446 in my Area
Topic Started: Thursday, 22. March 2018, 13:53 (377 Views)
Stevo762002
No Avatar
26 CT 718

I was wondering if there is anyone using PMR446 in the Dover, Canterbuty, Ramsgate Area? I was thinking of digging out my UV5R+ and my Mag Mount Antenna and giving it a shot.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miko
No Avatar

Hi, I'm at Upper Deal, Stuart Hegarty is in Deal town area Alfie Devine is in Folkestone. Alfie is on PMR regularly myself and Stu have the radio capability although I've never used it and am unfamiliar with the frequencies. Could probably work you if you're in the whitfield area of Dover. Willing to try anytime although I only have a colinear antenna for 70cms up and can only reduce power to 5 watts minimum. If you want to get hold of Alfie look for him on Facebook. Stu works in Whitfield and always has a Bbaofeng in the car. So maybe thats of some help,.Mick

AlfieDivine
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2369

Hi Stevo :hi: I live in Folkestone and i like to go on high point on hills , sugarloaf hill
or at the top of my block where i live in the centre of the town
Anytime your on the radio try calling me on channel 8 eight
Ct2369 / alfie :rock:

Good to hear some one close to me , and we have the same radio UV5R
Edited by AlfieDivine, Wednesday, 4. April 2018, 19:39.

AlfieDivine
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2369

Sorry there Mick i was not being ignorant i have just re read and saw you mentioned me there thank you.

mrwoosh
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1465

Yes guys ch8 evenings Essex and Kent

twelve bore
No Avatar

Is that jay from southend that i used to talk to. Glen in maidstone.

mrwoosh
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1465

twelve bore
Saturday, 5. May 2018, 10:31
Is that jay from southend that i used to talk to. Glen in maidstone.
Oi oi how you doing glen !!

Yes its me lol

Hope your well ... were hace to get the boys back together on ch8 .. good days

twelve bore
No Avatar

I thought it was you Good to know your still about will listen out for you on chan 8.
All the best mate.
GLEN

AlfieDivine
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2369

Hi people, i am in Folkestone, up on the Bayle, just near town
what time you guys try and contact?
I have been calling out for a few days now on pmr 8 but no answer from any one .. :(
CT2369 Alfie

chazwozza
Member Avatar

whitfield is nice and high

mrwoosh
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1465

AlfieDivine
Monday, 7. May 2018, 16:40
Hi people, i am in Folkestone, up on the Bayle, just near town
what time you guys try and contact?
I have been calling out for a few days now on pmr 8 but no answer from any one .. :(
CT2369 Alfie
Hi guys , been on ch8 last couple of nights but its been a late one probly why you have missed us , been a few of us on there , maybe try tonite after 8 pm if you can and I will try get on too

Cheers 🍻

twelve bore
No Avatar

Nice one jay good to make contact again mate. I wernt even high and no ducting just a couple of meters a.s.l os my house in Aylesford . About 5 years since we last spoke. I'll give a shout from bluebell hill next time guarantee a s.9 . 73 mate.

Razz229
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2290

twelve bore
Monday, 14. May 2018, 21:04
Nice one jay good to make contact again mate. I wernt even high and no ducting just a couple of meters a.s.l os my house in Aylesford . About 5 years since we last spoke. I'll give a shout from bluebell hill next time guarantee a s.9 . 73 mate.
:hi: Glen

I think you got me mixed up with someone else last night. :)
Good contact from Ashdown Forest to Maidstone, look forward to working you again in the future.

73 & TTFN
Ray CT 2290
:wave:
Give us a call on the

Eastbourne/South Coast PMR Net, channel 8, Monday night 8 to 10
Tuesday AM net, channel 14 (27.125) Mid-Block, 18.30-20.00
South Coast FM Net, channel 3 (if possible), Thursday night 8 to 9
Southern Area Net, channel 39 Mid-Block 27.395 USB, Thursday night 9 to finish

Check out the "South Coast & Southern CB Net" on Facebook

twelve bore
No Avatar

You have just convinced me my wife is right i am losing my mind.
How you doing ray. Must admit though Ray and jay sound very similar with a bit of qrm.
That is a good contact as i am on sea level on a 150mm magmount on my van just shows what can be done on 446.
All the best Mick. 73s🤣

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · VHF and UHF (inc PMR) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This Website, Name, Logos and Products Are Copyright To Charlie Tango DX Group Copyright © 2009 - 2017
All Rights Reserved - No Part Of This Site May Be Copied Without Prior Written Permission. CharlieTango.co.uk have a legal Common Law Trademark and Registered Copyright #S0RN-LTC9-8CXT-LZLU of the brand "Charlie Tango" since 2009 and related Copyrights in place for domain names, Logos, images, format and layout of this website and associated material. charlietango.co.uk & charlietango.uk
Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected

View My Stats

DOMAIN NAMES FOR SALE
ConspiracyEffect.com | V5Bid.com Auction | 041183.com | Hiya.Mobi | VR Portal.Net | TrainerSox.com | CoinStealth.com | ChoccyBox.com Domains | FlutterBets.com | CharlieTango.UK | HallmarkedGold.com | MozSubmit.com | HorizontalEarth.com
CharlieTango.co.uk contact email leewardill@gmail.com