Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the official Charlie Tango DX Group CB And Amateur Radio Forum. You are visiting the UK's biggest and most active CB Radio club.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Charlie Tango DX is a group dedicated to Hobby Radio Users in all forms, whether CB, Amateur, PMR446, Scanning and Short Wave Listening.
We are a very active and friendly group that welcomes anyone from anywhere in the world who has an interest in Radio, regardless of their level of experience, their equipment, their location, or their radio preference. We have members varying from fully qualified operators on the Amateur Bands, to newcomers who have just bought a PMR446 set, and many CBers both old and new. All are equal on the Site.

The CT Site contains many reviews, tips and modifications within the forums, and we take pride that no sensible question is ever left unanswered, and nobody is ever belittled or mocked for asking an honest question, no matter how simple it may seem. We were all new to the hobby once.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join Charlie Tango you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, viewing modifications and more.

If you are not yet a member: Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Simply CLICK HERE to start the Registration process. Your application will need to include your personal name and approximate location, it will require you to confirm your email, and then be signed-off by one of our Admin Staff, but this is usually completed within 24 hours (48 max)

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
11 mtr band
Topic Started: Sunday, 28. January 2018, 10:10 (364 Views)
TrainDriver
Member Avatar
29 Charlie Tango 737

Hi to all
just wondering if anybody knows
when to expect the 11mtr band to open up
sunspots and all that are double dutch to me
so any input would be great

cheers
73,s
chas
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SydtheCat
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 483

Hi Chas

Without getting into all the different forms of propagation we are fast aproching the solar minimum where we will see very little Dx activity on the 11m band :( good news is from 2019 we will start to see improving conditions as we slowly enter solar cycle 25 which is predicted to peak ( solar maximum ) in 2024

We will still continue see sporadic short skip openings during the solar minimum but these will be few and far between :(

Craig

Edited by SydtheCat, Sunday, 28. January 2018, 15:39.
Posted Image

Yaesu FTdx 3000 - Sirio GM - MD 200 mic
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TrainDriver
Member Avatar
29 Charlie Tango 737

Hi Craig
Thats exactly what i wanted to know
{ without all the mumbo jumbo }
thanks for that
now i know how things stand

so its shortwave time lol

cheers
73,s

chas

Cozzmik
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 465

I have heard USA a few times over the last couple of months but few and far between and as said by Craig we should get some EU contacts over the spring and summer months with last spring/summer being very busy.. (lets hope for the same this year)

My 3 ele beam really does help when things are quiet but it cant make skip just pull in what is already there but as the antenna is the most important part of a set up getting the right one will help..

Kaosss
Member Avatar
163 Charlie Tango 777

Still working 3 div Brazil from time to time but not often - thats with a 5 ele yagi and a little power ;)
1, 14, 30, 34 161 still heard atm though
Posted Image
Kenwood TS480SAT with MC90 mic, Kenwood TS590, Yaesu FT1000D with Heil mic, Yaesu FT2000D with Heil mic, RCI 2995dx, 5 eli beam on a Scam 12 pump-up mast, A99, sirio 827, G5RV and a selection of wires. For mobile/portable - Optima V3, Midland portapack with 11m dipole / inverted V on 10m pole.RM KL500 - modded. Ranger 811H amp

Andy591/P
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1591

You need to move house AL, then I can sort you out a bigger Antenna. You WILL make your own skip and be heard EVERYWHERE.lol
Its all right for you lot with big gardens, I struggle with a 1/4 wave vertical sitting on a biscuit tin on the Shed roof at the back of the garden and 4 watts, not even a power mike. lol

Cheers for now Andy
Designing and building even bigger Antennas. Hoping for some good DX, waiting for solar minimums to fade away.

Ranger
Member Avatar

Yes true,
but some might be a bit jealously of what you can tow around on the back of your motor Andy!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Contact Reports (Legal) CB/PMR Bands · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This Website, Name, Logos and Products Are Copyright To Charlie Tango DX Group Copyright © 2009 - 2017
All Rights Reserved - No Part Of This Site May Be Copied Without Prior Written Permission. CharlieTango.co.uk have a legal Common Law Trademark and Registered Copyright #S0RN-LTC9-8CXT-LZLU of the brand "Charlie Tango" since 2009 and related Copyrights in place for domain names, Logos, images, format and layout of this website and associated material. charlietango.co.uk & charlietango.uk
Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected

View My Stats

DOMAIN NAMES FOR SALE
ConspiracyEffect.com | V5Bid.com Auction | 041183.com | Hiya.Mobi | VR Portal.Net | TrainerSox.com | CoinStealth.com | ChoccyBox.com Domains | FlutterBets.com | CharlieTango.UK | HallmarkedGold.com | MozSubmit.com | HorizontalEarth.com
CharlieTango.co.uk contact email leewardill@gmail.com