Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the official Charlie Tango DX Group CB And Amateur Radio Forum. You are visiting the UK's biggest and most active CB Radio club.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Charlie Tango DX is a group dedicated to Hobby Radio Users in all forms, whether CB, Amateur, PMR446, Scanning and Short Wave Listening.
We are a very active and friendly group that welcomes anyone from anywhere in the world who has an interest in Radio, regardless of their level of experience, their equipment, their location, or their radio preference. We have members varying from fully qualified operators on the Amateur Bands, to newcomers who have just bought a PMR446 set, and many CBers both old and new. All are equal on the Site.

The CT Site contains many reviews, tips and modifications within the forums, and we take pride that no sensible question is ever left unanswered, and nobody is ever belittled or mocked for asking an honest question, no matter how simple it may seem. We were all new to the hobby once.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join Charlie Tango you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, viewing modifications and more.

If you are not yet a member: Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Simply CLICK HERE to start the Registration process. Your application will need to include your personal name and approximate location, it will require you to confirm your email, and then be signed-off by one of our Admin Staff, but this is usually completed within 24 hours (48 max)

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Tuesday evening AM net; channel 14, 27.125 6.30pm-8pm
Topic Started: Monday, 15. January 2018, 23:05 (891 Views)
DC4
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2537

evening all just a quick impromptu one, tuesday nights dont seem to have a lot going for it in the radio world down south so just for fun thought i`d give a call out tomorrow on the 1-4 AM channel 27.125 at 6.30pm till around 8pm. could be a weekly thing maybe who knows but if you fancy joining tomorrow night please do call in! have a few experienced operators joining us so wont be a pigs ear hopefully! all the best join us if you can!
Edited by DC4, Monday, 15. January 2018, 23:14.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

John123
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 763

Good luck with the net, Doug. Hope you get plenty shouting in. :thumb:

DC4
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2537

was a brilliant evening i thought had 16 stations in total including myself but good show lads for getting out there. here is a list of stations worked and heard on the AM
Tim FB 879 Hertford
Kev CT 2427 Box Hill Dorking
Jake CT2151 Highgate North London
Rick in Bletchingley?
Jem CT2580 Camberley
Paul CT 908 Bracknell
Jason SG127 Stevenage
Terry CT2079 Enfield
Dickie DBBCo2 Kings Cross
Des CT2239 Saffron Walden
Steve CT1791 Dunstable
Kev in Walthamstow
Mel CT011 Mortimer
Boris CT2344 Battle
Posh Eric in Muswell Hill!

thanks everyone and hopefully speak next week maybe!

John123
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 763

Great list of contacts, Doug. :thumb:

Jake Highgate
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2151

Hello Doug
Great job mate really enjoyed myself Looks like your going to be busy tuesday evening from now on👍
Just to spoke Tim H hes still glowing he loves his Auntie Mary

Jake 73s
Come and join us on CH 35 Londons Daily Net from 8:30pm to late.
Our Facebook group name is CB channel 35 Club uk come and join in the fun

Jake Highgate 73s

DC4
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2537

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYIXxfNLAcs

snippet of tuesdays am net, will stick to the original plan being channel 14 27.125 AM 6.30-8pm ish call in if you can! all the best!!

DC4
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2537

Little bump for the second Tuesday AM night! i finish work at 5.30 and traffic allowing will land on my hill at about 6.15pm. That gives me 15 minutes to get the Antron up and running tied to a post next to a layby! Haha! If you can call out on the 1-4 27.125 AM wherever you are, you may get an answer! I will be on the Hogs Back A31 Guildford bound before the Wanborough/Puttenham junction for those that like to go on Google Maps! Tim is in Hertford and receives well as does Jake in North London. So do call out will be on air from 6.30pm to 8pm ish! Thanks all the best!

DC4
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2537

well what can i say? absolutely gobsmacked! brilliant turn out tonight everyone of you deserves a pat on the back for calling in! here is the list for this evenings AM night

Tim FB 879 Hertford
Kevin DR 935 Walthamstow
Jason SG 127 Stevenage
Neil CT 1347 Foxbourne
Terry CT 2079 Enfield
Ian CT 2499 Bracknell
Nick CT 456 East Grinstead
Carl ????? Saffron Walden
Boris CT 2344 Butts Brow Eastbourne
Chris CT 2453 Bexhill
Des CT 2239 Saffron Walden
Chris CT 5757 Reigate
Jake CT 2151 Highgate
Clive Wurzle Thamesmead
Lee LR 2477 Birmingham
Steve CT 987 Chessington
Mel CT 011 Henley on Thames
Simon LW 27 Reading
Ray CT 2290 Junction 5 M25 mobile
Roger SD 127 Saffron Walden
Paul CT 908 Bracknell
Jeff TR1KE Stansted
and myself Doug CT 2537 Hogs Back Guildford

thanks all for calling in without you there would be no net! have a good week!!

John123
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 763

Another great list of contacts, Doug. :thumb:

DC4
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2537

thanks mate! i cant take the credit though as a few stand out lads have helped big time with the running of it. good bunch of people that love radios! cant get better than that!

copy of the night was LR 2477 Lee to myself i think 101 miles as the crow flies, Birmingham to Guildford!
Edited by DC4, Tuesday, 23. January 2018, 23:52.

Ch4rlie
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2499

Although i couldn't stay long and i had only set up the base station for the first time last night it was nice to make some contacts for the first time in over 25 years. Realised last night that A99 does need to go up another 20 or so feet. Im going to find some high ground mobile on Sunday for my first taste of Sid's net so hope to be able to hear more contacts them. If not ill be back next Tuesday. Thanks Doug

DC4
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2537

Ch4rlie
Wednesday, 24. January 2018, 08:09
Although i couldn't stay long and i had only set up the base station for the first time last night it was nice to make some contacts for the first time in over 25 years. Realised last night that A99 does need to go up another 20 or so feet. Im going to find some high ground mobile on Sunday for my first taste of Sid's net so hope to be able to hear more contacts them. If not ill be back next Tuesday. Thanks Doug
good to hear you call in iain! get someone to put the antron on the chimney! lol 25 years? crikey where have you been? being homebase i have found with myself and other users is you can get out but don`t receive well due to the interference of electrical items etc/ qrm. good work though mate tuning in hope to speak next week!

TimH1971
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2116

Great list of contacts. Is it me or is the hobby slowly taking root again?

Smudger
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1938

TimH1971
Thursday, 25. January 2018, 08:52
Great list of contacts. Is it me or is the hobby slowly taking root again?
Hope im wrong but i get the feeling its like a last gasp of a fish out of water. I get the feeling that these are people of similar age group returning to radio. Dont see much evidence of many young people. One or two exceptions to that as with anything. Lets just enjoy it while it lasts.
CT1938 / FOX INDIA 420

Razz229
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2290

DC4
Tuesday, 23. January 2018, 23:19
well what can i say? absolutely gobsmacked! brilliant turn out tonight everyone of you deserves a pat on the back for calling in! here is the list for this evenings AM night

Tim FB 879 Hertford
Kevin DR 935 Walthamstow
Jason SG 127 Stevenage
Neil CT 1347 Foxbourne
Terry CT 2079 Enfield
Ian CT 2499 Bracknell
Nick CT 456 East Grinstead
Boris CT 2344 Butts Brow Eastbourne
Chris CT 2453 Bexhill
Des CT 2239 Saffron Walden
Chris CT 5757 Reigate
Jake CT 2151 Highgate
Clive Wurzle Thamesmead
Lee LR 2477 Birmingham
Steve CT 987 Chessington
Mel CT 011 Henley on Thames
Simon LW 27 Reading
Ray CT 2290 Junction 5 M25 mobile
Roger SD 127 Saffron Walden
Paul CT 908 Bracknell
Jeff TR1KE Stansted
and myself Doug CT 2537 Hogs Back Guildford

thanks all for calling in without you there would be no net! have a good week!!
:hi: Doug

Well done on your 2nd AM net :thumb: what a cracking list of stations worked!
Keep up the the good work and i will try and get in when i can

73's & TTFN
Ray CT 2290
:wave:

Give us a call on the

Eastbourne/South Coast PMR Net, channel 8, Monday night 8 to 10
South Coast FM Net, channel 3 (if possible), Thursday night 8 to 9
Southern Area Net, channel 39 Mid-Block 27.395 USB, Thursday night 9 to finish

Check out the "South Coast & Southern CB Net" on Facebook
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DC4
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2537

Morning all! Little bump for this evenings AM night! Last week was a great success totalling 24 breakers and a long distance 101 miles as the crow flies copy! Please call in if you can from wherever you are, you never know who`s listening! All the best Doug 26ct2537!

DC4
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2537

good evening folks! another cracker on the AM tonight 27 stations total!! it seems to be realistically we are reaching a 60 mile radius on the AM at the moment yet as people have told me during the summer months it has potential to go far. we heard distant stations trying to break but out of our range. my working conditions were static mobile, president grant 2, kl203p and antron tied to a fence post! lots of interference my end but cleared intermittantly.

here is the listing for the Tuesday AM night!

Tim FB879 Hertford
Kevin CT2427 Boxhill Dorking
Kevin DR935 Walthamstow
Graham OM001 Burgess Hill
Boris CT2344 Butts Brow Eastbourne
Jeff TR1ke Stansted
Terry CT 2079 Enfield
Jason SG127 Stevenage
Brian in Erith
Jake CT2151 Highgate
Neil CT388 Winchester
Dave CT259 Crawley
Pete CT 2275 Eastleigh
Mick in Woolich
Stuart CT1837 Chilton Eastleigh
Des CT2239 Saffron Walden
Chris GCW01 Luton
Simon DR1962 Seaford
Phil LR134 Lancing Beach
Simon LW27 East Reading
Howard from Brighton
Random foreign trucker M25! hola hola! lol
Pinky? Welwyn Garden City
Jem CT 2580 Camberley
Speedy Canning Town
and me Doug CT2537 Hogs Back Puttenham

ive either miscounted or missed someone off! anyhow good stuff keeping the AM alive! everyone Tuesday nights wherever you are give the AM a try!

special thanks to kev tim jake neil and boris for bringing the stations in!

DC4
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2537

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZB8qMJwr2Q

sort of took the enjoyment out of it! see you next week!!

26PS001
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1523

Just watched the YouTube video, sounds like you guys are having fun and well done for keeping AM alive
Posted Image
Charlie Tango member 26CT1523 since 12/11/14
Mark (252) thecobraman tribute youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-jDebaO5BGsAjdy3pNiG7Q

DC4
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2537

Good morning! Just a quick plug for this evening`s AM night please all do tune into 27.125 AM wherever in the country you are and give a shout out on the 14 just for fun! Had 26 stations call in last week and a few we could not contact as too far out of range. If you do make contact with any breakers please report it on this thread and see how far we can make the net night spread! Right off to work have a good day!!! Doug ct2537!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Nets & Skeds · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

This Website, Name, Logos and Products Are Copyright To Charlie Tango DX Group Copyright © 2009 - 2017
All Rights Reserved - No Part Of This Site May Be Copied Without Prior Written Permission. CharlieTango.co.uk have a legal Common Law Trademark and Registered Copyright #S0RN-LTC9-8CXT-LZLU of the brand "Charlie Tango" since 2009 and related Copyrights in place for domain names, Logos, images, format and layout of this website and associated material. charlietango.co.uk & charlietango.uk
Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected

View My Stats

DOMAIN NAMES FOR SALE
ConspiracyEffect.com | V5Bid.com Auction | 041183.com | Hiya.Mobi | VR Portal.Net | TrainerSox.com | CoinStealth.com | ChoccyBox.com Domains | FlutterBets.com | CharlieTango.UK | HallmarkedGold.com | MozSubmit.com | HorizontalEarth.com
CharlieTango.co.uk contact email leewardill@gmail.com