Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the official Charlie Tango DX Group CB And Amateur Radio Forum. You are visiting the UK's biggest and most active CB Radio club.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Charlie Tango DX is a group dedicated to Hobby Radio Users in all forms, whether CB, Amateur, PMR446, Scanning and Short Wave Listening.
We are a very active and friendly group that welcomes anyone from anywhere in the world who has an interest in Radio, regardless of their level of experience, their equipment, their location, or their radio preference. We have members varying from fully qualified operators on the Amateur Bands, to newcomers who have just bought a PMR446 set, and many CBers both old and new. All are equal on the Site.

The CT Site contains many reviews, tips and modifications within the forums, and we take pride that no sensible question is ever left unanswered, and nobody is ever belittled or mocked for asking an honest question, no matter how simple it may seem. We were all new to the hobby once.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join Charlie Tango you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, viewing modifications and more.

If you are not yet a member: Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Simply CLICK HERE to start the Registration process. Your application will need to include your personal name and approximate location, it will require you to confirm your email, and then be signed-off by one of our Admin Staff, but this is usually completed within 24 hours (48 max)

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Chan 19; What to say
Topic Started: Thursday, 11. January 2018, 23:36 (580 Views)
Soloman
No Avatar
108 Charlie Tango 139

Hi folks from a English man in Scotland,now I'm a real newbie on the cb but I just wondered after listening in tonight how many f words do I need to use per minute to be cool.How many folks does this put off.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Padrick
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2727

Im no shrinking violet and it put me off. The racism more than the swearing I must say.
26CT2727 & 2E0TWD
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0TWD
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bicyclos
Member Avatar

Channel 19 is the entertainment channel. There is good and bad UK wise. I enjoy SSB side of things and migrate there with a couple of ops and chat in peace....Keep your dignity if you don't swear as a rule you are not obliged to because others do it, it's not cool......... Only time I swear if I am hammering nails into wood and hit my thumb :-/

Regards
May the propergation be with you

Spanner man
No Avatar

Soloman
Thursday, 11. January 2018, 23:36
Hi folks from a English man in Scotland,now I'm a real newbie on the cb but I just wondered after listening in tonight how many f words do I need to use per minute to be cool.How many folks does this put off.

That was a good move lol,I think the going rate is as many as you can.Ive listened before when there's been some skip and you can hear 108,and the hatred some of them have for us is off the scale not sure why.But saying that it's mainly mad George and his English hating crowd ,and the rest are all good operators decent and professional.
Edited by Spanner man, Saturday, 13. January 2018, 08:27.

36Ian
No Avatar

Around these parts CH19 appears to be the anus of the band with every foul mouthed turd in the area ending up there.

'Rambo' is worth a mention in particular, he makes Chubby Brown seem like a choir boy.

It begs the question as to what sort of people are these and what sort of lives do they live?
Edited by 36Ian, Saturday, 13. January 2018, 08:43.

Fixerman
Member Avatar
108 Charlie Tango 300

36Ian
Saturday, 13. January 2018, 08:42
Around these parts CH19 appears to be the anus of the band with every foul mouthed turd in the area ending up there.

'Rambo' is worth a mention in particular, he makes Chubby Brown seem like a choir boy.

It begs the question as to what sort of people are these and what sort of lives do they live?
So it happens in other places as well as Scotland Ian? that's good , I thought it was just up here ^o) lol

Fm
MM0WAX

Dipolestaffs
No Avatar

It's not only the potty mouths, it's also the incessant conversations and the music playing and "how much echocococo merchants.......,

Carlito
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2428

Nothing wrong with having a bit of banter between breakers,its changed so much in the 5 years I was off the rig...
the 19 has always been the local rag chew channel filter out some
Of the wind up merchants and its all good its the nature of radio its the marmite channel after all

bicyclos
Member Avatar

36Ian
Saturday, 13. January 2018, 08:42

Ha Ha ha goodness, Rambo!...........You don't have the hardest, best-est, biggest and loudest cb er though! No doubt you should hear him in South Yorkshire.
May the propergation be with you

Axle Jack
Member Avatar
43 Charlie Tango 006

When I moved to Aus in 2000 I thought the Aussie CBers were a LOT more aggressive and abusive than UK CBers. But it sounds like the UK is doing its best to catch up.

> It begs the question as to what sort of people are these and what sort of lives do they live?

They are the sort of people who need to be a few miles away and behind a locked door before they can act tough.
Jack 43CT006
CBer in Lockerbie and Dumfries in Scotland - 1981 to 1999.
Now in Australia.

Cozzmik
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 465

Rotate that dial and move along.....there is nothing to see here :wack:

Channel 19 is a great channel as it keeps all the :muppet: one place leaving the other channels for those who respect the hobby..
Paws for thought
The more idiots i meet the more i like my dog :dog:

Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
When I listen to AC/DC,
My neighbours do, too

Nik Gnashers
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 573

Cozzmik
Sunday, 14. January 2018, 09:43
Rotate that dial and move along.....there is nothing to see here :wack:

Channel 19 is a great channel as it keeps all the :muppet: one place leaving the other channels for those who respect the hobby..
This sums it up for me :)

I never ever go on 19 here, I leave the clowns all in one place there and enjoy the other frequencies.
M6GFT ::: QRZ Page- http://www.qrz.com/db/M6GFT
[imgw=150]http://i.imgur.com/RJjZCOw.jpg[/imgw]
All CT members are expected to use good operating procedure, good manners, and be friendly...Please do not chat on any calling frequencies, or use bad language on air, thank you it is appreciated.

time machine
No Avatar
163 Charlie Tango 169

I have monitored on a regular basis sometimes and it is always the same. Foul mouthed idiots who can not carry out one sentence without using foul language. No point saying anything or telling them to stop. This will just make the situation worse I'm sure. Never as bad as this in the early 80's through to the mid 90's.

Axle Jack
Member Avatar
43 Charlie Tango 006

time machine
Sunday, 14. January 2018, 14:25
I have monitored on a regular basis sometimes and it is always the same. Foul mouthed idiots who can not carry out one sentence without using foul language. No point saying anything or telling them to stop. This will just make the situation worse I'm sure. Never as bad as this in the early 80's through to the mid 90's.
All my time on AM pre-legalisation I never heard a single swear word. First swear word I heard was on AM on 3rd Nov 1981, the day after FM was legalised. It wasn't a "muppet". It was just a regular CBer. Everyone seemed to lose respect for CB when they legalised FM. All the AM guys knew AM would now die out and it was the end of an era. Their era. I didn't go on AM much after that. Not because we now had a new legal FM service, but because AM became so sad.
FM was quite exclusive to start with and no swearing at all. For about a year then it started. And has never stopped it would seem.
This is why any new CB style allocations eg PMR446, do not encourage communal CB type use. This is why the USA FRS and GMRS frown on communal use and general calls. Its all closed groups now. Because CBers are abusive and aggressive (apparently).
To those of us who knew CB when it was still a "phenomena" this is all very sad.
Jack 43CT006
CBer in Lockerbie and Dumfries in Scotland - 1981 to 1999.
Now in Australia.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Standard CB Radio · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This Website, Name, Logos and Products Are Copyright To Charlie Tango DX Group Copyright © 2009 - 2017
All Rights Reserved - No Part Of This Site May Be Copied Without Prior Written Permission. CharlieTango.co.uk have a legal Common Law Trademark and Registered Copyright #S0RN-LTC9-8CXT-LZLU of the brand "Charlie Tango" since 2009 and related Copyrights in place for domain names, Logos, images, format and layout of this website and associated material. charlietango.co.uk & charlietango.uk
Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected

View My Stats

DOMAIN NAMES FOR SALE
ConspiracyEffect.com | V5Bid.com Auction | 041183.com | Hiya.Mobi | VR Portal.Net | TrainerSox.com | CoinStealth.com | ChoccyBox.com Domains | FlutterBets.com | CharlieTango.UK | HallmarkedGold.com | MozSubmit.com | HorizontalEarth.com
CharlieTango.co.uk contact email leewardill@gmail.com