Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the official Charlie Tango DX Group CB And Amateur Radio Forum. You are visiting the UK's biggest and most active CB Radio club.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Charlie Tango DX is a group dedicated to Hobby Radio Users in all forms, whether CB, Amateur, PMR446, Scanning and Short Wave Listening.
We are a very active and friendly group that welcomes anyone from anywhere in the world who has an interest in Radio, regardless of their level of experience, their equipment, their location, or their radio preference. We have members varying from fully qualified operators on the Amateur Bands, to newcomers who have just bought a PMR446 set, and many CBers both old and new. All are equal on the Site.

The CT Site contains many reviews, tips and modifications within the forums, and we take pride that no sensible question is ever left unanswered, and nobody is ever belittled or mocked for asking an honest question, no matter how simple it may seem. We were all new to the hobby once.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join Charlie Tango you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, viewing modifications and more.

If you are not yet a member: Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Simply CLICK HERE to start the Registration process. Your application will need to include your personal name and approximate location, it will require you to confirm your email, and then be signed-off by one of our Admin Staff, but this is usually completed within 24 hours (48 max)

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PMR NET Braintree, Chelmsford Essex?; PMR NET Braintree, Chelmsford Essex?
Topic Started: Wednesday, 20. December 2017, 16:05 (441 Views)
kolt
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2662

Hi guys i was wondering if there are any nets with PMR446 / 16 channel around Braintree or Chelmsford have heard of, but not heard anything on air be nice to arrange something if not

cheers

Chris

73's
Edited by kolt, Wednesday, 20. December 2017, 16:08.
If you havn't run out of time on the TOT, Then you're not a real Ham - (HI)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

vendee85
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2201

Hi. Chris.

I've a Midland D200 atm. But hoping to have my PMR Homebase set-up during the winter with a Yaesu 440/6
FTM3207 & 10/15 ele Yagi's maybe stacked. I'm hoping to start a net down this way in the SW. Maybe when
we get on the Peak in 3/4yrs time, I maybe able to work you. Good Luck. 73s Mike 2201 [Yeovil].

Steve152
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 152

kolt
Wednesday, 20. December 2017, 16:05
Hi guys i was wondering if there are any nets with PMR446 / 16 channel around Braintree or Chelmsford have heard of, but not heard anything on air be nice to arrange something if not

cheers

Chris

73's
Hi Chris
Keep an ear out for the southern pmr net on channel 8 on mon evenings I often work the guy's down Eastborne and hastings.
there on air around 19/00 till 22.00.
I will listen out for you also.
73 :cb:

kolt
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2662

Thanks for the replies will continue to monitor and hope to catch a QSO from you guys soon

I wonder how many stations I could contact from current QTH, any more info on Nets would be greatly appreciated :)

KOLT

73's

kolt
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2662

also was wondering if ctcss is used on the nets
thanks again

Chis (KOLT)

vendee85
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2201

Hi. Chris. :cb:

The only PMR net's I know of are.

Sun. Sids PMR net ch8 [Summer only]
Mon South East net ch8
Weds Chesterfield ch 13 [Dpmr] 446.15625
Daily Whiskey Echo ch8 [Location unknown]

CCTS wont be needed for a few yrs. As we now have 16ch's with DPMR. I will be Live on DPMR after Xmas from
Homebase & Mobile in Spring/Summer. When you get into your 70s it's too cold/wet out there. From Essex you
should be able access the S.E. net & Chesterfield if you get on high ground. John 123 from Buxton got into Wales
[Aberystwyth] last Summer @ 94mls. When the high comes in 3/4yrs I'm hoping to Qso 2div. on prop.
Good Luck All the Best for Xmas & New yr. 73s Mike 2201 [Yeovil] Long Live Free Radio. :pirate3:

kolt
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2662

I find that pmr is very poor in my area with kids swearing and adults taking the Mick when I just want to havea decent qso when calling cq then making up stupid words/phrases like there pretending to be military just want to chat and be able to have a adult conversation with another station. This is the kind of behavior that puts m6's off the hobby. I think we just need to have more activity in the Witham area so they can hear how to use their radio's correctly without doing what they're doing and bullying anyone who just wants to talk.

landyman
Member Avatar

kolt
Thursday, 28. December 2017, 06:16
I find that pmr is very poor in my area with kids swearing and adults taking the Mick when I just want to havea decent qso when calling cq then making up stupid words/phrases like there pretending to be military just want to chat and be able to have a adult conversation with another station. This is the kind of behavior that puts m6's off the hobby. I think we just need to have more activity in the Witham area so they can hear how to use their radio's correctly without doing what they're doing and bullying anyone who just wants to talk.
Hi chris no swearing here in herne bay on the north kent coast but might be because you can here the tumble weed when you scan the channels, have heard some kids and the local bike training centre and some guys use them while kite flying and I mean flying by kite over the cliffs here..
As has been said try for the south coast net have managed with 20w into a small beam on the local hill top from coast side of Canterbury and spoke to the guys at beachey head .
evan used the boefeng 4w holding the beam pointing through the window to a guy over in Essex who posted on here when he was out at his local high point.
When things calm down after new year we could arrange a day and time will give you a shout.
All the best
paul

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Ch.34 Cafe (CB/PMR Radio Forum) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This Website, Name, Logos and Products Are Copyright To Charlie Tango DX Group Copyright © 2009 - 2017
All Rights Reserved - No Part Of This Site May Be Copied Without Prior Written Permission. CharlieTango.co.uk have a legal Common Law Trademark and Registered Copyright #S0RN-LTC9-8CXT-LZLU of the brand "Charlie Tango" since 2009 and related Copyrights in place for domain names, Logos, images, format and layout of this website and associated material. charlietango.co.uk & charlietango.uk
Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected

View My Stats

DOMAIN NAMES FOR SALE
ConspiracyEffect.com | V5Bid.com Auction | 041183.com | Hiya.Mobi | VR Portal.Net | TrainerSox.com | CoinStealth.com | ChoccyBox.com Domains | FlutterBets.com | CharlieTango.UK | HallmarkedGold.com | MozSubmit.com | HorizontalEarth.com
CharlieTango.co.uk contact email leewardill@gmail.com