Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the official Charlie Tango DX Group CB And Amateur Radio Forum. You are visiting the UK's biggest and most active CB Radio club.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Charlie Tango DX is a group dedicated to Hobby Radio Users in all forms, whether CB, Amateur, PMR446, Scanning and Short Wave Listening.
We are a very active and friendly group that welcomes anyone from anywhere in the world who has an interest in Radio, regardless of their level of experience, their equipment, their location, or their radio preference. We have members varying from fully qualified operators on the Amateur Bands, to newcomers who have just bought a PMR446 set, and many CBers both old and new. All are equal on the Site.

The CT Site contains many reviews, tips and modifications within the forums, and we take pride that no sensible question is ever left unanswered, and nobody is ever belittled or mocked for asking an honest question, no matter how simple it may seem. We were all new to the hobby once.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join Charlie Tango you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, viewing modifications and more.

If you are not yet a member: Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Simply CLICK HERE to start the Registration process. Your application will need to include your personal name and approximate location, it will require you to confirm your email, and then be signed-off by one of our Admin Staff, but this is usually completed within 24 hours (48 max)

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
CTX Activation - 163CTX000/BM (23rd/24th May 2015)
Topic Started: Friday, 15. May 2015, 11:08 (2,617 Views)
Offplanet
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 104

Jason 965 and Gary 104 will be CTX'ing for a couple of days in the South Wales Mountains over the Bank Holiday Weekend - the SSB sessions will be on, or around, Ch40 Mid Block (legal SSB freqs). We'll be at around 2500ft ASL and in the middle of nowhere, so will have very good ears - give us a shout if you hear us :thumb:

Saturday 23rd May:

8:30pm - 11pm: Ch35 and/or Ch28 UK FM CB Nets (27.94125Mhz/27.87125Mhz)

Sunday 24th May:

9am - 1pm: 163CTX000/BM (BM=Black Mountains) 27.405Mhz USB (Ch40)

2pm - 4pm: Sid 141's Sunday DX UK FM CB Net on Ch34 (27.93125Mhz)

8pm - ?: 163CTX000/BM 27.405Mhz USB (Batteries permitting, possibly an evening session on SSB when the QRM/QRN is low)

Will also monitor Ch8 PMR446, but recent experience from the hilltops has shown that these channels tend to be heavily used and unusable for anything but very local comms.

All details subject to change based upon prevailing weather, radio conditions, personal circumstances and battery life. There is seldom any phone signal in these remote locations let alone a data connection, therefore we can't update via Internet so, if you hear us, please spread the word :thumb:

Everyone welcome to call in - we try to be as inclusive as possible, so we are one of the very few groups running nets and events on the legal CB channels.

The CT eXtreme DX Team [imgw=50]http://b1.ifrm.com/2510/101/0/p5000422/mountain.png[/imgw]

CTX Founder Member and CTX Team Admin
Callsigns - 26-CTX-104, 26-CT-104, 163-CTX-104, 163-CT-104

CTX on Facebook Posted Image
CTX on Twitter Posted Image
UKCBTV on Youtube Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Schnorbitz
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 087

Always welcome on the Papa-Lima net Mr Gary (ch 28 UKFM) , as are everyone else. Hope the weather is kind to you that weekend. Will be listening out for you & if time & conditions allow will try to join you beforehand :dog:
26 CT 87

Schnorbitz

100% Mobile

27.dk
Member Avatar
47 Charlie Tango 118

:thumb: 73. 47CT118
Regards Lars

Nik Gnashers
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 573

Good luck Gary/Jason,
Will listen for you, even though there is only a very slim chance of my T2LT hearing you (or you hearing me) from my location :)
M6GFT ::: QRZ Page- http://www.qrz.com/db/M6GFT
[imgw=150]http://i.imgur.com/RJjZCOw.jpg[/imgw]
All CT members are expected to use good operating procedure, good manners, and be friendly...Please do not chat on any calling frequencies, or use bad language on air, thank you it is appreciated.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Offplanet
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 104

Schnorbitz
Saturday, 16. May 2015, 10:56
Always welcome on the Papa-Lima net Mr Gary (ch 28 UKFM) , as are everyone else. Hope the weather is kind to you that weekend. Will be listening out for you & if time & conditions allow will try to join you beforehand :dog:
We quite like bad weather as long as it's not hyper-wild! We'll be a bit nomadic on Saturday night and try to join in as much as possible around the old UK40 :)

Nik Gnashers

Good luck Gary/Jason,
Will listen for you, even though there is only a very slim chance of my T2LT hearing you (or you hearing me) from my location

It'd be great to make the contact and we'll more than likely hear you Nik, but to make the two-way, a trip out mobile might be in order if you can.

For those wanting confirmation of contact, we have CTX QSL cards available upon request :thumb:

The CT eXtreme DX Team [imgw=50]http://b1.ifrm.com/2510/101/0/p5000422/mountain.png[/imgw]

Magpie
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1555

If im not stressing for the exams I have next week, I might pop down to Clee Hill south shropshire and see if I cant pick you guys up On the sunday.
[imgw=500]http://i.imgur.com/9emTeQ4.png[/imgw]

Bertie Bassett
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1448

Hi All,

I'll be out on Saturday night, I'm spending a few days in North Wales near Porthmadog, the cottage is 5 minutes walk from the beach, so will be trying some new gear out.

I've just received a new 9 mtr roach pole for a T2LT antenna I've made to Gary's (CTX 104) specifications, as posted on you tube. Hopefully I'll be on air about 9:00pm Saturday for a couple of hours, giving it all a good test whilst the family watch Eurovision :yawn: .

Hopefully I can get down to south wales, but there a few big hills in the way, but we'll give it a go.

73,s :cb:

Offplanet
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 104

Magpie
Tuesday, 19. May 2015, 08:36
If im not stressing for the exams I have next week, I might pop down to Clee Hill south shropshire and see if I cant pick you guys up On the sunday.
We'll get you easily if you do go up there Hugo :thumb:

Bertie Bassett

Hi All,

I'll be out on Saturday night, I'm spending a few days in North Wales near Porthmadog, the cottage is 5 minutes walk from the beach, so will be trying some new gear out.

I've just received a new 9 mtr roach pole for a T2LT antenna I've made to Gary's (CTX 104) specifications, as posted on you tube. Hopefully I'll be on air about 9:00pm Saturday for a couple of hours, giving it all a good test whilst the family watch Eurovision :yawn: .

Hopefully I can get down to south wales, but there a few big hills in the way, but we'll give it a go.
Hopefully we can rattle a signal up through the hills and valleys to you :thumb:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Have a great weekend chaps, good luck on the long UK DX.
Quote Post Goto Top

Offplanet
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 104

Did a recce of the intended location today - it's going to be a tough one with about 70Lbs of kit each and around a 2hr steep climb to get up there, but you've got to be in it to win it ;)

https://youtu.be/7ZZTZDRIyBA

Will probably do a breakaway station from the summit on the Saturday night with the main SSB station about 40 metres below (looking to get a 5/8 wave up in the air for that one).

ASL around 2600ft/800m.

Schnorbitz
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 087

All the best to both of you for the weekend expedition. Hopefully radio conditions will be kind to you & you will bag lots of contacts. Will be listening out for you during the 28 Papa Lima net on Saturday evening (27.87125)

26 CT 87

Schnorbitz

100% Mobile

Tea Boy
Member Avatar

Schnorbitz
Saturday, 23. May 2015, 07:29
All the best to both of you for the weekend expedition. Hopefully radio conditions will be kind to you & you will bag lots of contacts. Will be listening out for you during the 28 Papa Lima net on Saturday evening (27.87125)

Cheers Gary, weather looks like it will be good for Saturday. Not that we care what the weather does :D

Maybe catch you on the air from the mountains!
:thumb:
See whats going on at http://www.youtube.com/V8CSW CT Facebook Page
Proud to be part of the The CT eXtreme DX Team
CTX Facebook Page
26CT965 26CTX965 163CT965 163CTX965

Offplanet
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 104

Final preparations are complete - barring disaster, we'll catch you all from the mountains :)

We'll probably have no internet from up there, so if anyone hears us, please spot us on the CT Shout Box :thumb:

John123
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 763

I will be listening this evening.

73s John.

John123
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 763

Great to make contact again, tonight, Gary! :thumb: :cheers:

73s John.

Nik Gnashers
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 573

swl 27.405usb now, hearing low voices but not readable, will put some calls out just in case.
M6GFT ::: QRZ Page- http://www.qrz.com/db/M6GFT
[imgw=150]http://i.imgur.com/RJjZCOw.jpg[/imgw]
All CT members are expected to use good operating procedure, good manners, and be friendly...Please do not chat on any calling frequencies, or use bad language on air, thank you it is appreciated.

RoadRunner_NW
No Avatar

Managed to copy Sid CT141 and Gary CT104 this afternoon from my static mobile location on the Denbigh Moors in North Wales, 1500ft ASL on Ch34 FM

Also heard Roy Corsica ?? coming in on a very strong signal up there.. I have some recordings which I'll put on YouTube later

Thanks very much for the copies guys, I was struggling a bit to hear you both and we lost each other amongst the other activity but really pleased to have been able to copy you, especially Gary CT104 as that's the reason I headed up that way today

Hope you had a fun DX weekend

Rotel RVC 240
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 950

Thanks for the contact 163ctx000 Jason and a good activation from the Welsh mountains, hope you get plenty more contacts in the log...
26 CT 950 YOUR SIGNAL IS ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR ANTENNA AND THE PROPAGATION https://www.facebook.com/DRX111/

Mark in Essex
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 037

Heard Roy Corsica in qso on 27.405 USB but nothing else unfortunately...did put many calls out but on Roy on the RX.
[][img][/img][/url]

https://www.youtube.com/user/26TANGOMIKE037/videos

Nembutol numbs it all
But I prefer alcohol

Roy
Member Avatar
104 Charlie Tango 011

Hello All,

Well first of all I'd like to congratulate the CTX Team for putting so much effort into these expéditions.... well done guys.

And it was great to hear so many stations making the effort to get into both the SSB Net and the Sunday FM Net.... and speaking of the Sunday FM Net, once again Sid 141 did a super job as always.

And the bonus for me was to have a quick chat with Marj.... she was 5/9 at the time and sounding great.... thanks Sid and Marj for giving up your free time and for going to so much trouble, its greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks to EVERYONE in volved for making the radio come alive.
Roy 104DA101 & 104ET001 + 104CT011
Your Radio Friend in Corsica Island

YouTube Channel : My Webpage

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · CTX News, Events, Activations and Activities · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

This Website, Name, Logos and Products Are Copyright To Charlie Tango DX Group Copyright © 2009 - 2017
All Rights Reserved - No Part Of This Site May Be Copied Without Prior Written Permission. CharlieTango.co.uk have a legal Common Law Trademark and Registered Copyright #S0RN-LTC9-8CXT-LZLU of the brand "Charlie Tango" since 2009 and related Copyrights in place for domain names, Logos, images, format and layout of this website and associated material. charlietango.co.uk & charlietango.uk
Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected

View My Stats

DOMAIN NAMES FOR SALE
ConspiracyEffect.com | V5Bid.com Auction | 041183.com | Hiya.Mobi | VR Portal.Net | TrainerSox.com | CoinStealth.com | ChoccyBox.com Domains | FlutterBets.com | CharlieTango.UK | HallmarkedGold.com | MozSubmit.com | HorizontalEarth.com
CharlieTango.co.uk contact email leewardill@gmail.com