Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the official Charlie Tango DX Group CB And Amateur Radio Forum. You are visiting the UK's biggest and most active CB Radio club.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Charlie Tango DX is a group dedicated to Hobby Radio Users in all forms, whether CB, Amateur, PMR446, Scanning and Short Wave Listening.
We are a very active and friendly group that welcomes anyone from anywhere in the world who has an interest in Radio, regardless of their level of experience, their equipment, their location, or their radio preference. We have members varying from fully qualified operators on the Amateur Bands, to newcomers who have just bought a PMR446 set, and many CBers both old and new. All are equal on the Site.

The CT Site contains many reviews, tips and modifications within the forums, and we take pride that no sensible question is ever left unanswered, and nobody is ever belittled or mocked for asking an honest question, no matter how simple it may seem. We were all new to the hobby once.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join Charlie Tango you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, viewing modifications and more.

If you are not yet a member: Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Simply CLICK HERE to start the Registration process. Your application will need to include your personal name and approximate location, it will require you to confirm your email, and then be signed-off by one of our Admin Staff, but this is usually completed within 24 hours (48 max)

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Eastbourne Weekly Net; Thursday's 7.30pm onwards ch39 ukfm
Topic Started: Saturday, 31. January 2015, 16:05 (15,169 Views)
Stavo
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1023

Channel 39 27.981.2 uk fm thursday from 7.30 onwards small group of us (10 or so?) in and around eastbourne sussex area, please do pop in if you can hear us? all welcome! lets be hearing any of those hill toppers from the surrey and the north downs? :cheers: andy (stavo).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tea Boy
Member Avatar

Another net operating, nice one! Another one for your map Delboy!

We might get the SE coloured in soon ;)
See whats going on at http://www.youtube.com/V8CSW CT Facebook Page
Proud to be part of the The CT eXtreme DX Team
CTX Facebook Page
26CT965 26CTX965 163CT965 163CTX965

Razz229
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2290

Just a quick thanks to all who joined in on the 1st Eastbourne UKFM net on Thursday the 5th,
and well done to Darren for a sterling job in the chair :clap: :thumb:

Here is a list of stations heard and worked from my QTH on Ashdown Forest.

ct 1552 Darren
Dougie-Brighton
ct 1595 Peter
Andy-Southwater
ct 1023 Stavo
Martin-Polegate
Reg-Worthing
John-Pevensey
ct 331 John
ct 491 Steve
Mike-Eastbourne
fb 228 Martin
Paul-Eastbourne

Sorry if i've got names, callsigns, locations or have missed you out.

Here,s to the next one

73's :wave:
Give us a call on the

Eastbourne/South Coast PMR Net, channel 8, Monday night 8 to 10
Tuesday AM net, channel 14 (27.125) Mid-Block, 18.30-20.00
South Coast FM Net, channel 3 (if possible), Thursday night 8 to 9
Southern Area Net, channel 39 Mid-Block 27.395 USB, Thursday night 9 to finish

Check out the "SOUTH OF ENGLAND & SOUTH COAST 11 METRE, AMATEUR & PMR GROUP" on Facebook

Delboy
Member Avatar

Keep up the good work chaps!

I'll amend the CB Network Map when I get time.
My Website: www.delboyenterprises.co.uk

My BLOG

World CB Radio Allocations

Posted Image

Stavo
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1023

Cheers delboy :thumb:

quazar one
Member Avatar
26CT1145 / 163CT1145

: hi all have been following this thread with great interest as my home town is hastings great to see another net up and running in the area we did have net in the 80s when I was growing up in hastings it was a nightly one on ch36 we had a quiz on Thursdays the chairman then was a lovely guy his handle was smokie john anyway I come down to hastings 3 or for times a year as most of my family still live in hastings always have a radio in the car so will sit static mobile on the east hill and give you a shout should get you all from there will be down in a few week,s to see my mum and sister so will deffo give you all a shout best of luck with it 73s andy :thumb:
Remember radio is a hobby forget that and you cease to enjoy it what ever radio,s you own !!! if you want to escape the hubbub of daily life for a while then discover our lovely inland waterways

cj/ct331
Member Avatar

blimey andy small world I remember that net on 36 cinque port breakers and the quiz on Thursday evenings my gran mother was lace maker,,the other breakers are still about feltbasher popeye handyman,,,sadly most have of them have passed away,,o and red lion is still about lol two of them are members on here so you might catch up with them lol 73 mate from the court jester//aka CJ :D

quazar one
Member Avatar
26CT1145 / 163CT1145

i rememder a court jester maybe we have spoken john in the distant passed john I remember all though handles another one for you amy housemartin nice to hear red loin is still about I used to be a memder of the cinque port breakers club we used to meet in the winchesea beach club once a month I was only in my teens then nearly 50 now happy days my handle was my user name on hear would love to catch up with some of the old members from that time it,s a very small world indeed john ps :coffee: admin sorry for hijacking the thread
Edited by quazar one, Wednesday, 11. February 2015, 18:13.
Remember radio is a hobby forget that and you cease to enjoy it what ever radio,s you own !!! if you want to escape the hubbub of daily life for a while then discover our lovely inland waterways

Stavo
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1023

:thumb: Nice post ray wonder if you built that dipole for tomorrow? and be great to hear you quazar one
(wasn't there a motorcycle with a roof on it called the quazar in the 70's?) anyways good stuff guys!

Razz229
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2290

Just a quick report on the 2nd Eastbourne Thursday night net that happened on the 12th

Yet another good turnout with some new faces :D

Here is a list of the new faces heard.

Paul-Old town
Mike- Old town
Drew-Butts brow
SC15-Paul-Hastings
Graham-Burgess hill

Thanks to all for making the effort to come out :thumb:
Give us a call on the

Check out the "SOUTH OF ENGLAND & SOUTH COAST 11 METRE, AMATEUR & PMR GROUP" on Facebook

Stavo
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1023

A very interesting evening although conditions were bad! a total of 12 stations attended on both 27.981 uk fm and 446mhz pmr, a special mention to ray with his heroic effort of standing out in the wind and rain so many stations could work him on his motorola 500mw handheld and appropriately named rubber duck! a distance of 23 miles to me on ch8 446! brilliant!!!! mate! a very well done and shows how far the signal on there can go! and maybe a sign of the future with this ever continued noise pollution on hf? i could not here him at all on 27.981 because of it! big thanks to all who tuned in.

stations heard and wkd

martin h fb228
martin p hl026
james wr36
peter ct1595
mike e500
ray ct2290
richard linear man
oldman graham
john ct331
rick wr37
darren ct1552
stav ct1023
Edited by Stavo, Friday, 20. February 2015, 16:04.

Razz229
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2290

A quick report on the 3rd Eastbourne Thursday night and 1st dual 27/446 net.
But first, thanks for the mention Andy, i was glad to get home, dry off and have a brew :coffee:
Who would of thought that a 500mw handheld could do so well :cb:

Yet another good night with Stations from Rye Harbour to Lancing, up to Burgess Hill and places inbetween.

Stations i heard and worked were

Linear Man-Richard-Lancing
CT1552-Darren-Polegate
WR036-James-Eastbourne
FB228-Martin H-Hellingly
Mike-Old town Eastbourne
CT1023-Andy-Eastbourne
Martin p-PoleGate
Drew-Eastbourne
Old Man Graham-Burgess Hill
CT331-John-On a boat, Rye Harbour
WR037-Rick-Pevensey

Thanks to all who turned out and joined in :clap:

73's :wave:

PS if you can hears us, don't be shy, call in :D

Give us a call on the

Arborowen
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1599

I'm hurt and offended Andy! Wheres my name on the list Haha

Deleted User
Deleted User

I will make efforts to get static mobile with a SIRIO HP4000 (quick and easy for a mid week shout) next Thursday should make the trip over nicely. The local-ish hill is 170M, 110M higher than home QTH. Look forwards. I might even get to hear John in Rye this time and vice versa.
Quote Post Goto Top

Stavo
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1023

Ok geoff nice one :thumb: well a quick update on last night! (i was out portable from a new location for uhf) the usual guys checked in around eastbourne plus owen sorry for not mentioning you mate :D brighton and burgess hill and paul kilo papa in croyden! who puts out a very good signal down to the coast on ch39 ukfm! as for 446? worked the guys around calais and bolougne in france! but apart from them only local stuff in the uk! conditions had fallen a bit on there from the afternoon but it will be a cracking portable location in the warmer month's for sure! 73's mate
Edited by Stavo, Friday, 13. March 2015, 10:42.

Stavo
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1023

I shal be on the eastbourne net this evening operating flatside if anyone is interested in trying it out? cheers stav.

Cosmic Chris
No Avatar

Are u on 446 if so what chan

Stavo
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1023

Hi chris ch8 at home but there maybe a portable out on the hills a bit later?

Cosmic Chris
No Avatar

Will make it to high ground

Stavo
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1023

martin is at beachy head calling chris

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Nets & Skeds · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

This Website, Name, Logos and Products Are Copyright To Charlie Tango DX Group Copyright © 2009 - 2017
All Rights Reserved - No Part Of This Site May Be Copied Without Prior Written Permission. CharlieTango.co.uk have a legal Common Law Trademark and Registered Copyright #S0RN-LTC9-8CXT-LZLU of the brand "Charlie Tango" since 2009 and related Copyrights in place for domain names, Logos, images, format and layout of this website and associated material. charlietango.co.uk & charlietango.uk
Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected

View My Stats

DOMAIN NAMES FOR SALE
ConspiracyEffect.com | V5Bid.com Auction | 041183.com | Hiya.Mobi | VR Portal.Net | TrainerSox.com | CoinStealth.com | ChoccyBox.com Domains | FlutterBets.com | CharlieTango.UK | HallmarkedGold.com | MozSubmit.com | HorizontalEarth.com
CharlieTango.co.uk contact email leewardill@gmail.com