Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the official Charlie Tango DX Group CB And Amateur Radio Forum. You are visiting the UK's biggest and most active CB Radio club.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Charlie Tango DX is a group dedicated to Hobby Radio Users in all forms, whether CB, Amateur, PMR446, Scanning and Short Wave Listening.
We are a very active and friendly group that welcomes anyone from anywhere in the world who has an interest in Radio, regardless of their level of experience, their equipment, their location, or their radio preference. We have members varying from fully qualified operators on the Amateur Bands, to newcomers who have just bought a PMR446 set, and many CBers both old and new. All are equal on the Site.

The CT Site contains many reviews, tips and modifications within the forums, and we take pride that no sensible question is ever left unanswered, and nobody is ever belittled or mocked for asking an honest question, no matter how simple it may seem. We were all new to the hobby once.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join Charlie Tango you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, viewing modifications and more.

If you are not yet a member: Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Simply CLICK HERE to start the Registration process. Your application will need to include your personal name and approximate location, it will require you to confirm your email, and then be signed-off by one of our Admin Staff, but this is usually completed within 24 hours (48 max)

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
VHF CB Radio (Freenet) possible in the UK?
Topic Started: Monday, 24. March 2014, 14:36 (9,708 Views)
Delboy
Member Avatar

Release of spectrum 143-169Mhz could mean a new VHF CB/Freenet system in the UK?????

Posted on the OFCOM website today:

Responses to the Call for Input and Consultation on next steps of the release of spectrum within the frequency ranges 143 MHz to 169 MHz

Summary

1.1 This document provides a summary of responses to an earlier Call for Input (CFI) regarding the release of VHF spectrum and, taking these responses into account, sets out proposals on how we would plan and release around 6 MHz of spectrum in the 143 to 169 MHz band, returned to civil use by the Emergency Services.

1.2 This consultation follows on from the CFI we published in July 2012(-1-) regarding potential uses of spectrum in England, Wales and Northern Ireland between 143 and 156 MHz. Given that it is highly unusual for VHF spectrum to become available in such large amounts, especially in significant blocks of contiguous bandwidth of up to 1 MHz, we decided to publish a CFI to seek stakeholder views on potential uses for this spectrum. The CFI closed on 12th October 2012 and we received 29 responses, six of which were marked as confidential. The responses to the CFI identified a number of potential uses that the spectrum could be put to and these included:

Existing Business Radio products on a licensed basis to allow industry sectors such as transport and utilities to maintain and improve their communications systems, for example to deploy wide area trunked networks;

A requirement to facilitate Amateur Radio development applications such as digital Amateur TV and satellite;

Spectrum for maritime and safety of life applications;

Spectrum for a ‘LTE’ type application / service;

An allocation for Citizens’ Band Radio; and

Higher power licence exempt use.

1.3 Since the CFI, spectrum between 143 MHz and 156 MHz in Scotland has also been returned by the Emergency Services, as has around 0.5 MHz of UK wide spectrum in the range 168 MHz and 169 MHz. The proposals in this consultation also encompass this recently release spectrum.

1.4 Based on the responses received to the CFI we are proposing to:
Make the spectrum in this range available on a first-come-first-served basis through our current Business Radio licence products. This would be in line with the use of this spectrum in Europe and consistent with the European Electronic Communication Committee (ECC Decision (06) 06)(-2-) which recommends the use of this band for PMR.
Employ an assignment approach that makes new channels available to business radio through a graduated approach in response to spectrum management needs. Our intention is to maintain maximum flexibility for the band should new types of demand emerge in the future.
Allocate 0.4 MHz of spectrum on an exclusive basis to Maritime and Land Search and Rescue to meet the demand of new search and rescue technologies and to ensure safety of life channels have adequate protection from adjacent channel users in this band; and
Make spectrum that is not currently being used for Business Radio in this range available on a temporary basis for Amateur Radio and Programme Making and Special Events (PMSE).

1.5 Whilst it is anticipated that narrowband PMR use will continue, there is also the possibility of radio use for applications / technologies that have not been present in these areas of spectrum previously. A number of responses to the CFI identified emerging requirements for broader-band applications, particularly among the utilities sector for telemetry, Machine-to-Machine (M2M) and possible ‘LTE’ type applications.

1.6 We believe that these bands in the longer term may offer particular opportunities for new types of use that are not readily accommodated by our licensing arrangement. The approach we have outlined in this document acknowledges that new demand may emerge and our proposed assignment approach is specifically designed to preserve future flexibility. If demand for wideband access or other technologies (such as M2M or ‘LTE’ type services) emerges we may decide to review our assignment approach and may also consult on alternative allocation models, including an award of available spectrum.

1.7 As demand for both operational and potential future services in the short to medium term is likely to be low we are also proposing to permit temporary access to 1 MHz of this spectrum (146 to 147 MHz) for Amateur Radio use, until such a time as it is needed by Business Radio or other services. Should additional spectrum be needed to meet operational requirements, we will remove the temporary allocation. Amateur Radio use of this frequency will be on a non-protection/ non-interference basis and will be subject to some geographical restrictions to ensure that there is no interference to neighbouring countries. We propose that the authorisation will be implemented by an individual Notice of Variation (NoV) to the Amateur Radio licence.

1.8 It is also our preferred policy to grant temporary access to this spectrum for Programme Making and Special Events (PMSE). This is already the case with Business Radio spectrum and we will also continue to apply this policy to these spectrum bands.

1.9 We welcome stakeholder feedback to this consultation document. The deadline to submit responses to us is 5 pm on 26th May 2014. We expect to release a Statement on this consultation later this year having taken into account stakeholder responses to our proposals.

The full document is available below

Footnotes:
1.- http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultations/call-for-input/summary/condoc.pdf
2.- http://www.erodocdb.dk/Docs/doc98/official/pdf/ECCDEC0606.PDF

FREENET: http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freenet_(Funkanwendung)&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dfreenet%2B149mhz%26client%3Dopera%26hs%3Duc7%26channel%3Dsuggest%26biw%3D1920%26bih%3D914
My Website: www.delboyenterprises.co.uk

My BLOG

World CB Radio Allocations

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
M0WIT
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 3210

Cheers. I thought it was around there.

What I didn't spot is that the marine VHF section is missed out of the graphic.

Delboy
Member Avatar

It has been pointed out that 147Mhz is used in America as part of the 2m band and we may get these frequencies allocated in Europe sometime in the future.

So keeping the new CB band away from the American 2m band we could use one of the following instead:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My BLOG

Posted Image

Cozzmik
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 465

As i have never had any interest in vhf until now what mobile radios (not handheld) are available to use on these possible new freqs......

Antenna advice would be welcome just in case it happens......... :thumb:

Perhaps these questions should be put into another thread in another section??
Edited by Cozzmik, Monday, 31. March 2014, 06:52.

Delboy
Member Avatar

Cozzmik
Monday, 31. March 2014, 06:37
As i have never had any interest in vhf until now what mobile radios (not handheld) are available to use on these possible new freqs......

Antenna advice would be welcome just in case it happens......... :thumb:

Perhaps these questions should be put into another thread in another section??
Plenty of radios/antenna available for this band.

Most 2m stuff will work with minor modification + there are plenty of PMR/Business radios which could easily work on these frequencies.

My BLOG

Posted Image

M0WIT
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 3210

Why do we need priority for handhelds?

Delboy
Member Avatar

M6DFW
Monday, 31. March 2014, 08:16
Why do we need priority for handhelds?

I was just using it as an example of channel usage. There may be a set of users who just wish to use small handheld radios and are not interested in home base/long distance working.

Making some channels 'handheld priority' would allow such users to operate without being blasted out by home base users. Of course any bandplan would be voluntary.

My BLOG

Posted Image

M0WIT
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 3210

I wasn't criticising btw, its just I have never seen the suggestion for either CB or ham bands before.

Its an interesting idea tbh

Oggy
Member Avatar

Just to let CT Members know I have contacted the relevent people on this idea and put my point across. :thumb:
European Citizens' Band Federation (ECBF) Delegate For The United Kingdom.

Delboy
Member Avatar

Oggy
Monday, 31. March 2014, 15:01
Just to let CT Members know I have contacted the relevent people on this idea and put my point across. :thumb:
Thanks Dave

:thumb:

My BLOG

Posted Image

Black Knight
Member Avatar

oooooooOOOooo tingles, mind you would have to climb the hill out of the valley here to make it work
26CT003 / 26TM003

CQ CQ This is 26CT003 - Somerset, Calling.........

Delboy
Member Avatar

cb27.com joins the fight!

Posted Image

My BLOG

Posted Image

Delboy
Member Avatar

And the ECBF:

[imgw=700]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/delboyonline/ECBF_VHF_zps898cc615.jpg[/imgw]

The momentum is building!!!!!

My BLOG

Posted Image

Cozzmik
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 465

looking good....... :clap:

Delboy
Member Avatar

VHF CB Radio logo to promote our efforts:

Large:

Posted Image

Small:

Posted Image

My BLOG

Posted Image

m6ymn
Member Avatar

I live in Wolverhampton and if it does go through to use a portion of the VHF band then fully expect all the foul mouth, music playing, dead keys, threats, trouble causing and more to be imported from the 27 Mhz band over to the VHF band.
I don't use CB radio itself only the 10 meter band.
But it is so sad to realize that 85% of the people that are mostly stupid, dumb, and down right childish the other 15% are a nice bunch of people.

And to think that it all will be the same of the VHF band well would it be worth while buying a TX/RX that will do the job as a CB band on VHF?
Well sorry if any of this offends any one here but this is my opinion and first hand impression fo the real reality of CB radio here in Wolverhampton.
It wont change because it will go over to VHF that is assuming it will go there. it may well not. We will all have to see what the final out come will be.

But if any one here is under the impression that once it comes from 27Mhz it will be all clean and in a gentlemen manner.
For get it. Because it wont happen.

Mike.
Anytone AT-5555, moded RF gain, 360 Channels, 18' silver rod. Danita 3000 Multi moded 400 Channels, Modulator magmount. NISSEI RS-102 RF/Power meter. Sharman PS-SPS250A PSU

Delboy
Member Avatar

Well I disagree.

I think that most of the idiots will be happy to stay where they are on 27Mhz, or should I say channel 19?

My BLOG

Posted Image

Cozzmik
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 465

m6ymn
Saturday, 5. April 2014, 22:14
I live in Wolverhampton and if it does go through to use a portion of the VHF band then fully expect all the foul mouth, music playing, dead keys, threats, trouble causing and more to be imported from the 27 Mhz band over to the VHF band.
I don't use CB radio itself only the 10 meter band.
But it is so sad to realize that 85% of the people that are mostly stupid, dumb, and down right childish the other 15% are a nice bunch of people.

And to think that it all will be the same of the VHF band well would it be worth while buying a TX/RX that will do the job as a CB band on VHF?
Well sorry if any of this offends any one here but this is my opinion and first hand impression fo the real reality of CB radio here in Wolverhampton.
It wont change because it will go over to VHF that is assuming it will go there. it may well not. We will all have to see what the final out come will be.

But if any one here is under the impression that once it comes from 27Mhz it will be all clean and in a gentlemen manner.
For get it. Because it wont happen.

Mike.
Ive been using 27/81 fm a little more lately and apart from ch19 where the :muppet: tend to congregate the rest of the band has been in good shape....

Different areas will throw up different scenarios but lets hope your wrong :shrug:

Delboy
Member Avatar

Same up here in Northumberland, all the idiots stick to ch19. I never hear them anywhere else!

My BLOG

Posted Image

Oggy
Member Avatar

All good in Lincolnshire......we have some superb operators on UKFM CB Radio.

I think your wrong to say 85% of people are dumb.
I suggest your not so judgemental towards us all.
European Citizens' Band Federation (ECBF) Delegate For The United Kingdom.

Gunrunner
Member Avatar

Oggy
Sunday, 6. April 2014, 09:35
All good in Lincolnshire......we have some superb operators on UKFM CB Radio.

I think your wrong to say 85% of people are dumb.
I suggest your not so judgemental towards us all.

up here chan 19 uk40 is dead but most of the head bangers are on chan 8 uk 40 but I thought
Australia used vhf radio for there cbs :phew: :cheers: :pirate2: ps if the did allow I would be running
some big power and be mobile and home based
Never go faster then your guardian angel can fly

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · VHF and UHF (inc PMR) · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

This Website, Name, Logos and Products Are Copyright To Charlie Tango DX Group Copyright © 2009 - 2017
All Rights Reserved - No Part Of This Site May Be Copied Without Prior Written Permission. CharlieTango.co.uk have a legal Common Law Trademark and Registered Copyright #S0RN-LTC9-8CXT-LZLU of the brand "Charlie Tango" since 2009 and related Copyrights in place for domain names, Logos, images, format and layout of this website and associated material. charlietango.co.uk & charlietango.uk
Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected

View My Stats

DOMAIN NAMES FOR SALE
ConspiracyEffect.com | V5Bid.com Auction | 041183.com | Hiya.Mobi | VR Portal.Net | TrainerSox.com | CoinStealth.com | ChoccyBox.com Domains | FlutterBets.com | CharlieTango.UK | HallmarkedGold.com | MozSubmit.com | HorizontalEarth.com
CharlieTango.co.uk contact email leewardill@gmail.com