Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the official Charlie Tango DX Group CB And Amateur Radio Forum. You are visiting the UK's biggest and most active CB Radio club.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Charlie Tango DX is a group dedicated to Hobby Radio Users in all forms, whether CB, Amateur, PMR446, Scanning and Short Wave Listening.
We are a very active and friendly group that welcomes anyone from anywhere in the world who has an interest in Radio, regardless of their level of experience, their equipment, their location, or their radio preference. We have members varying from fully qualified operators on the Amateur Bands, to newcomers who have just bought a PMR446 set, and many CBers both old and new. All are equal on the Site.

The CT Site contains many reviews, tips and modifications within the forums, and we take pride that no sensible question is ever left unanswered, and nobody is ever belittled or mocked for asking an honest question, no matter how simple it may seem. We were all new to the hobby once.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join Charlie Tango you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, viewing modifications and more.

If you are not yet a member: Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Simply CLICK HERE to start the Registration process. Your application will need to include your personal name and approximate location, it will require you to confirm your email, and then be signed-off by one of our Admin Staff, but this is usually completed within 24 hours (48 max)

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The BIGGER Net 2013
Topic Started: Wednesday, 3. July 2013, 18:53 (5,697 Views)
Delboy
Member Avatar

Plenty of warning for this years BIG NET!

Posted Image

Celebrating 32 years of legal CB radio in the UK!

As it falls on a Saturday this year we have the ideal opportunity to make a full day of it and as OFCOM (more or less) promised they would legalise AM/SSB by the autumn I have included channel 32 mid band USB along with the usual channel 32 UKFM.

If the AM/SSB legalisation does go ahead this years celebrations will be especially important as most stations have called for these modes for many years.

So what do you think?

Please post ideas/plans for "The BIGGER Net 2013" below!

My Website: www.delboyenterprises.co.uk

My BLOG

World CB Radio Allocations

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

V8dieselpower
Member Avatar

Ohh yeah I'll be on. Old skool too with the old Adams.

Mr Jingles
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 980

Ive not seen anything in writing about what we will get come autum this year..dragged there feet long enough...not that it will make any difference..once a pirate ? :pirate2:

NEDX11
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1053

I will be on that's my Birthday lol
All QSL Cards to be sent to 26ct1053@gmail.com

26ct1053 & 26ctx1053

Magpie
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1555

Im in, should have a base setup by then :)
Posted Image

Andydx103
No Avatar

Not many 11m users round here (sam/cozzmik & graham ct525) are the only two i speak to on uk 40 and with sam in brazil it looks a lonely days radio but hey i will give it a go.. :thumb:

Krazydog
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 187

i will be working, so in my lunch hour i be listening out. :thumb:

Delboy
Member Avatar

26DX103
Thursday, 4. July 2013, 05:36
Not many 11m users round here (sam/cozzmik & graham ct525) are the only two i speak to on uk 40 and with sam in brazil it looks a lonely days radio but hey i will give it a go.. :thumb:
Feel free to give PMR446 a go as well!

My BLOG

Posted Image

Magic 53
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 397

Good chance to fire the old Nato 2000 up :)

Delboy
Member Avatar

Still no word from Ofcom about legal SSB - Has anyone heard anything?

My BLOG

Posted Image

Pigeon
Member Avatar
163 Charlie Tango 014

makes no odds to me to be honest still gonna run the rigs ive got.

26CT867 Phil
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 867

Delboy
Wednesday, 21. August 2013, 18:45
Still no word from Ofcom about legal SSB - Has anyone heard anything?
Dont think there is enough weight behind it anymore to make a difference, I know they said they would turn a blind eye to its use untill it goes through but that was probably just an excuse to chuck it on the back burner again! and hope it goes away, like most just keep using it as we always have and be carefull not to inflict any problems on others at the same time, these days most rigs are built better with good filtering also TVs and emergancy services have gone digital which helps a great deal but I still run with a decent independant low pass filter in line just in case, they dont have the money to debate this with all the other problems that we have in this country so I cant see it ever happening unless it becomes popular enough to be financialy self supporting with the backing of large scale manufacturing outlets and once again in these days of easy and free pc based coms thats never going to happen either. They honestly dont care as we are small fish in a big pond so :pirate2: it is.

CorBlimeyGuvnar
Member Avatar

Give it a go I in the morning, if I remember.

26CT097

Delboy
Member Avatar

So no UK legal SSB in time for the event but those of u living where it is legal can still give it a try!
Edited by Delboy, Tuesday, 10. September 2013, 12:41.

My BLOG

Posted Image

Gareth8645
Member Avatar
163 Charlie Tango 254

I'll be up for some of that :-) Not sure where I'll be but i'll be on air somewhere :-)

P J
No Avatar
163 Charlie Tango 047

I got that banner on my desktop as a reminder and will certainly be active on that day. I could use my HF but I think I'll take the dust cover off the 148 GTLDX and get some boots on, it'll feel like yesteryear once more.
Looking forward to a good few contacts. 73's to all from Phil 163CT047. Why not email ofcom and ask if there is a date set for AM SSB to become legal sometime soon ? infact everyone should do it to show there is still interest in having that as an option. :thumb:

Kaosss
Member Avatar
163 Charlie Tango 777

Will miss this one, away on holiday.
Al
Posted Image
Kenwood TS480SAT with MC90 mic, Kenwood TS590, Yaesu FT1000D with Heil mic, Yaesu FT2000D with Heil mic, RCI 2995dx, 5 eli beam on a Scam 12 pump-up mast, A99, sirio 827, G5RV and a selection of wires. For mobile/portable - Optima V3, Midland portapack with 11m dipole / inverted V on 10m pole.RM KL500 - modded. Ranger 811H amp
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Andydx103
No Avatar

Old superstar 360 already for this one,not many down this way using cb but i certainly be around :thumb:

moonstrikerII
No Avatar
108 Charlie Tango 085

i will be on as well look forward ot it.

26CT662
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 662

will be a great day and just put the beam up so I give it a go.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · News and Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

This Website, Name, Logos and Products Are Copyright To Charlie Tango DX Group Copyright © 2009 - 2017
All Rights Reserved - No Part Of This Site May Be Copied Without Prior Written Permission. CharlieTango.co.uk have a legal Common Law Trademark and Registered Copyright #S0RN-LTC9-8CXT-LZLU of the brand "Charlie Tango" since 2009 and related Copyrights in place for domain names, Logos, images, format and layout of this website and associated material. charlietango.co.uk & charlietango.uk
Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected

View My Stats

DOMAIN NAMES FOR SALE
ConspiracyEffect.com | V5Bid.com Auction | 041183.com | Hiya.Mobi | VR Portal.Net | TrainerSox.com | CoinStealth.com | ChoccyBox.com Domains | FlutterBets.com | CharlieTango.UK | HallmarkedGold.com | MozSubmit.com | HorizontalEarth.com
CharlieTango.co.uk contact email leewardill@gmail.com