Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the official Charlie Tango DX Group CB And Amateur Radio Forum. You are visiting the UK's biggest and most active CB Radio club.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Charlie Tango DX is a group dedicated to Hobby Radio Users in all forms, whether CB, Amateur, PMR446, Scanning and Short Wave Listening.
We are a very active and friendly group that welcomes anyone from anywhere in the world who has an interest in Radio, regardless of their level of experience, their equipment, their location, or their radio preference. We have members varying from fully qualified operators on the Amateur Bands, to newcomers who have just bought a PMR446 set, and many CBers both old and new. All are equal on the Site.

The CT Site contains many reviews, tips and modifications within the forums, and we take pride that no sensible question is ever left unanswered, and nobody is ever belittled or mocked for asking an honest question, no matter how simple it may seem. We were all new to the hobby once.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join Charlie Tango you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, viewing modifications and more.

If you are not yet a member: Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Simply CLICK HERE to start the Registration process. Your application will need to include your personal name and approximate location, it will require you to confirm your email, and then be signed-off by one of our Admin Staff, but this is usually completed within 24 hours (48 max)

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Icom ICB-1050
Topic Started: Saturday, 21. April 2012, 17:40 (1,845 Views)
Beany
Member Avatar
Charlie Tango DX
another radio I have come across today, Icom's attempt at the UK FM CB market and boy are these radio's little crackers, all the quality of an Icom on the CB bands getting hard to find as they were easly converted to the 10m band so were snaped up by amateur users as a cheap way to gain a cheap 10m radio

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

[marq=left]Top Quality Extension Speakers Available 2 X Different Sizes, PM Me Or Look In The Market Place[/marq]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jeff66
No Avatar
BANNED
These were easy to convert to 10 meters.

Nothing to do with "THE ICOM" company.

Same chassis and board as a lot of the "Maxon" radios, including the JWR radio...

Posted Image
Edited by Jeff66, Saturday, 21. April 2012, 18:33.
Posted Image

Sam WD40
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 747

Another radio same thing different name SIGNAL1001

Posted Image
[marq=Left]STOP READING MY CRAP GO GET SOME DX DONE ![/marq]

M0SRW
26-CT-747
IF YA NEIGHBOURS STILL TALK TO YOU GET A BIGGER ANTENNA !

Failure is not an option! BUT smashing it with a BIG hammer is :bash:

Jeff66
No Avatar
BANNED
They flooded the market in different guises. Were known as cheap, low quality "Vo-Sq" radios.
Could pick good ones up at car boot sales for 3-5.
Posted Image

VoG
No Avatar

Jeff66
Sunday, 22. April 2012, 01:01
Were known as cheap, low quality "Vo-Sq" radios.
LOL - That rings a bell, and answers a thirty-plus year old question.

I can remember hearing the expression, "VOSK Radio" back in the early days and wondered what it meant. But when I asked around, some people had heard the expression, some had not, but nobody know what it meant. . . . only that it referred to a cheap-n-cheerful basic type of rig.

Now, looking at VOL/SQUELCH, VO/SQ, "Vosk", it is of course, blindingly obvious!
I wonder how many other expressions we just use (or have used) without actually knowing where they came from or what they specifically mean?

Apologies for the HiJack - I just had a bit of a "Eureka" moment reading that.

Sam WD40
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 747

Cherokee
Sunday, 22. April 2012, 07:32
Apologies for the HiJack - I just had a bit of a "Eureka" moment reading that.
NO EXCUSE'S BUGGER ORF lol na corse ya can the one of the boss's we dont wanna upset ya and end up with a horse's head in our bed or a midland mic or some thing !!

[marq=Left]STOP READING MY CRAP GO GET SOME DX DONE ![/marq]

M0SRW
26-CT-747
IF YA NEIGHBOURS STILL TALK TO YOU GET A BIGGER ANTENNA !

Failure is not an option! BUT smashing it with a BIG hammer is :bash:

scosystems
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2246

Beany
Saturday, 21. April 2012, 17:40
another radio I have come across today, Icom's attempt at the UK FM CB market and boy are these radio's little crackers, all the quality of an Icom on the CB bands getting hard to find as they were easly converted to the 10m band so were snaped up by amateur users as a cheap way to gain a cheap 10m radio

Posted Image
WOW this was my first ever CB radio! I remember it cost about 27.00!!!!

Thanks for sharing this.

AlphaPapa
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2966

My first ever cb radio too,given as a Christmas prezzy. In fact there's one on Ebay now. Marked up as an Icon.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ste
No Avatar

I loved mine. bought for 27, all the local radio hams were converting them up onto 10FM for local nattering.

with a better crystal filter and a mod to the front end the receiver was much improved.

I converted mine to cover 29.31-29.7, with the channel readout reading 31-70, and repeater shift to work into the American repeaters ( this was back in the 80's when the skip conditions were a lot better ). got all over with it mobile using a 7ft firestik. happy days

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Gallery & Videos · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This Website, Name, Logos and Products Are Copyright To Charlie Tango DX Group Copyright © 2009 - 2017
All Rights Reserved - No Part Of This Site May Be Copied Without Prior Written Permission. CharlieTango.co.uk have a legal Common Law Trademark and Registered Copyright #S0RN-LTC9-8CXT-LZLU of the brand "Charlie Tango" since 2009 and related Copyrights in place for domain names, Logos, images, format and layout of this website and associated material. charlietango.co.uk & charlietango.uk
Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected

View My Stats

DOMAIN NAMES FOR SALE
ConspiracyEffect.com | V5Bid.com Auction | 041183.com | Hiya.Mobi | VR Portal.Net | TrainerSox.com | CoinStealth.com | ChoccyBox.com Domains | FlutterBets.com | CharlieTango.UK | HallmarkedGold.com | MozSubmit.com | HorizontalEarth.com
CharlieTango.co.uk contact email leewardill@gmail.com