Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the official Charlie Tango DX Group CB And Amateur Radio Forum. You are visiting the UK's biggest and most active CB Radio club.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Charlie Tango DX is a group dedicated to Hobby Radio Users in all forms, whether CB, Amateur, PMR446, Scanning and Short Wave Listening.
We are a very active and friendly group that welcomes anyone from anywhere in the world who has an interest in Radio, regardless of their level of experience, their equipment, their location, or their radio preference. We have members varying from fully qualified operators on the Amateur Bands, to newcomers who have just bought a PMR446 set, and many CBers both old and new. All are equal on the Site.

The CT Site contains many reviews, tips and modifications within the forums, and we take pride that no sensible question is ever left unanswered, and nobody is ever belittled or mocked for asking an honest question, no matter how simple it may seem. We were all new to the hobby once.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join Charlie Tango you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, viewing modifications and more.

If you are not yet a member: Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Simply CLICK HERE to start the Registration process. Your application will need to include your personal name and approximate location, it will require you to confirm your email, and then be signed-off by one of our Admin Staff, but this is usually completed within 24 hours (48 max)

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
aircraft & marine online live tracking
Topic Started: Sunday, 21. February 2010, 14:57 (4,547 Views)
Godzilla
No Avatar

got a little bored today so thought I'd see if I could find some online aircraft and marine tracking systems, kind of listen to them on the radios and see where they are on the map.
Came up with these two so far:

shipping tracker

flight radar 24

and finally

Netherlands airspace tracker

the shipping one if you click on the vessel you'll get all the info on it
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Beany
Member Avatar
Charlie Tango DX
some top sites there mate B)

If admin could make this thread sticky so we dont lose the links will be spot on B)
Posted Image

Posted Image

[marq=left]Top Quality Extension Speakers Available 2 X Different Sizes, PM Me Or Look In The Market Place[/marq]

Steve152
Member Avatar

Well done god
Love the shipping tracker cant believe how busy the channel is !!!

Godzilla
No Avatar

I knew there was some sort of thing like it as you can buy those radar boxes on fleebay for 400 quid, but me being the tight yorkshireman that I am I wasn't going to pay that :D

I've already bored the Mrs silly with it :D
Posted Image

January_King
Member Avatar
108 Charlie Tango 004

If you like those you will probably like Planeplotter. This runs on your computer rather than being web-based but for a one-off 25 (I can't compete with Yorkshire but am a Scotsman!) it receives a web feed of Mode S positioning which you can display on a map of your choice (or downloaded via the program). You can play with it for free without the web feed to see what it is like - first impression is a lot of settings but once mastered it's 25 well spent.
A quick comparison with the data on FlightRadar 24 showed Planeplotter with more data which is contributed by members with 'radar' boxes.
I am not in any way associated with COAA, the publisher, but it is a very good piece of work. Google will find the homepage; there is also an active Yahoo Group dedicated to it.
My first post here, finished!
JK
PS What a good site - despite umpteen years into radio and the internet I am surprised I have not found it before now!
Edited by January_King, Tuesday, 23. February 2010, 14:39.

VoG
No Avatar

January_King
Tuesday, 23. February 2010, 13:41
PS What a good site - despite umpteen years into radio and the internet I am surprised I have not found it before now!
Thanks January_King.. and Welcome to the site .. You probably haven't found it in all those years as it has only been going since June 2009 ;)

January_King
Member Avatar
108 Charlie Tango 004

Thanks for the welcome. Here's another one for you for marine AIS - I think this one is the best I have found - you can click through the vessels to get a photo and statistics . . .
http://www.aisliverpool.org.uk/traffic.php?map=Forth
Change the sea area on the left hand side as it's set for my home area. It's an excellent addition to a scanner if you are near a shipping lane.
JK

HD462
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 462

MarineTraffic is a good one as already mentioned. another shipping one is Ship AIS. A good one for air traffic is Radar Virtuel. Clicking on the plane brings up data from it. :)
Mark. 26CT462 / 26TM462
Midland Alan 48 Excel Multi / Sirio Mythos 9000 (mobile)
Magnum S9 / Sirio Megawatt 4000 / Sirio Magmount (mobile & base)
Uniden Bearcat UBC-780 XLT Base - Uniden Bearcat UBC-3500 XLT Handheld
Midland Alan 42 Handheld / Numerous PMR446 Radios

Big Cat 309
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 264
Use AIS all the time as I'm on the tip of the North Kent Coast that covers the Thames Estuary and Straights of Dover and I'm Nosey like to know where the ship's are going to and from?
Second Largest floating crane past through last week Siapam 7000 lift capacity of 14,000 tonnes ! and I want to use it as an antenna mast its got a lovely ground plane ;) well I can always Dream!!!

Smokes
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 371

GODZILLA
Sunday, 21. February 2010, 14:57
got a little bored today so thought I'd see if I could find some online aircraft and marine tracking systems, kind of listen to them on the radios and see where they are on the map.
Came up with these two so far:

shipping tracker

flight radar 24

and finally

Netherlands airspace tracker

the shipping one if you click on the vessel you'll get all the info on it
This is brilliant & makes me wonder how we managed without internet in the 80s

Thanks
Smokes

Boomerang
Member Avatar
108 Charlie Tango 067

Hi All,

I have Flightradar24 on my PC & i-phone it is supposed to run in real time but is restricted to aircraft with ADS-B transponders (currently about 60%) still bloody scary to see how busy out airspace is. but fun none the less.

Enjoy

Iain :cb:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left
Iain 108CT067
2M0DIF

Boomerang
Member Avatar
108 Charlie Tango 067

Hi Paul,

I've just registered and I'll let you know how it goes.

73's

Iain
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left
Iain 108CT067
2M0DIF

SleepyDragon
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 1094

I use Shipfinder

[marq=Proud to be running 100% legal, unmodified radios on standard power.]Proud to be running 100% legal, unmodified radios on standard power.[/marq]

Diesel-NI
Member Avatar
68 Charlie Tango 020

Thank you for sharing.

Regards 68-CT-020 Northern Ireland.

Airfixpilot
Member Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2739

I have been using these types of tracking websites for years. Plane Finder, Ship Finder ect ect. Along with a Scanner and frequencys installed you can monitor both ships and aircraft. To Monitor Ships you need to be near the coast. To follow/track Military aircraft, is a little bit more tricky as they use UHF and VHF frequencies. Now to receive these aircraft you need a scanner which covers 200mhz to 400mhz with AM modulation on all aircraft bands.

To track military aircraft you need to use www.abbsexchange.com which is free.

If your stuck with frequencies just let know. To get ALL military aircraft frequencies I suggest you join www.milscanners.org. its free.

David
Edited by Airfixpilot, Thursday, 22. February 2018, 18:28.

squishy
No Avatar
26 Charlie Tango 2891

I use 360radar for aircraft

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Any Other Radio Equipment · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This Website, Name, Logos and Products Are Copyright To Charlie Tango DX Group Copyright © 2009 - 2017
All Rights Reserved - No Part Of This Site May Be Copied Without Prior Written Permission. CharlieTango.co.uk have a legal Common Law Trademark and Registered Copyright #S0RN-LTC9-8CXT-LZLU of the brand "Charlie Tango" since 2009 and related Copyrights in place for domain names, Logos, images, format and layout of this website and associated material. charlietango.co.uk & charlietango.uk
Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected

View My Stats

DOMAIN NAMES FOR SALE
ConspiracyEffect.com | V5Bid.com Auction | 041183.com | Hiya.Mobi | VR Portal.Net | TrainerSox.com | CoinStealth.com | ChoccyBox.com Domains | FlutterBets.com | CharlieTango.UK | HallmarkedGold.com | MozSubmit.com | HorizontalEarth.com
CharlieTango.co.uk contact email leewardill@gmail.com